Wishlist

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

Agathos

Wishlist

Post by Agathos » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi,

I would just like to take the opportunity to come with my own wishlist for upcoming miniatures.

First I have to say that I am very pleased with the existing product range - it's incredible diverse and of very high quality. I am currently designing a new fantasy miniature game based on Arion Games' miniatures and am very pleased with it.

Wishlist:

- More siege and war engines, fantasy artillery in general (catapults, bombards, spear throwers, mortars, Greek fire, etc).
- More celts
- Boars
- More dwarves
- More elves

In addition I would like that all miniatures for sale are being sold as .ppt's. I often enlarge the miniatures and loose quality if they're in .pdf.

Trond Erik

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:39 am

I would second more Celts and Seige/War Machines.

I would like to see a lot more WWII figures.
more Germans (Luftwaffe, Mountain Troopers, Kommando, lots more vehicles) {maybe a whole set of just vehicles}
British five sets (Eighth Army, Commando, Paratroopers, Generic, Vehicles)
Japanese
Italians
French
Slavic Fighters
Maquis (both French & Spanish)
more Americans (list too long - vehicles and FSSF especially)

Plus, Pulp IV if possible.
Figure list getting assembled here still.
Tarzan set as well.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Celts will be along, more on that in the new year!

I am looking for siege engines, and am getting towards enough for a set. Boars i have done (for Tangent Games), but i should be able to put some into a monster type set.

There will definately be more dwarves, elves and dark elves along next year.

There will also be a WWII Brits and a WWII Russians at some point. Beyond that very much depends on the commerical availability of models. But i know that one of my favourite military modellers has some in the works.

Agathos

Post by Agathos » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 am

parkusuk wrote:Celts will be along, more on that in the new year!

I am looking for siege engines, and am getting towards enough for a set. Boars i have done (for Tangent Games), but i should be able to put some into a monster type set.

There will definately be more dwarves, elves and dark elves along next year.

There will also be a WWII Brits and a WWII Russians at some point. Beyond that very much depends on the commerical availability of models. But i know that one of my favourite military modellers has some in the works.
Yay! 2009 will be another great year!

Trond Erik

Minotaure

Underwater Minis

Post by Minotaure » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 am

I'd like to see a set of underwater minis.

Some near future
  • Scuba Divers
    Deep Sea Divers
    Sea Creatures like Giant Mantas or Sharks
    a variety of Submarines
    one or two underwater peoples (like seen in Turner's Fathom e.g.)
I don't know if this would be of brought use but for my upcoming campaign in autumn this would be a blast.

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:44 am

I think ideas like these and more would be a cool set Graham.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:53 pm

I did have an idea for a fantasy undersea set, Tritons, mermaids, sea-trolls, as well as all sorts of fish etc. Would people prefer a modern + fish set or a fantasy + fish?

Agathos

Post by Agathos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 pm

parkusuk wrote:I did have an idea for a fantasy undersea set, Tritons, mermaids, sea-trolls, as well as all sorts of fish etc. Would people prefer a modern + fish set or a fantasy + fish?
I would prefer a fantasy set.

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Sounds like two quality sets are in the future of Arion Games.

Maybe three if you did a modern underwater set and a vintage set.
SCUBA gear has changed a good bit since the very early Cousteau days so an earlier set could be done.

Actually four sets - you know a set that would include all of the Victorian Pulp stuff like Nemo's equipment.

Underwater sets:
Modern
Vintage
Fantasy
Victorian Pulp/Nemo, etc.

This would also give Graham a chance to do a wide variety of undersea creatures, both real and mythical.

Minotaure

Post by Minotaure » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:09 am

I vote for modern, of course, but the fantasy or steam punk genre would probably sell better.

Question is, would so many sets find enough paying customers to justify the effort?

Perhaps it would be better to just make one big themed underwater set with pieces for all the mentioned genres instead of many small ones?

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:33 am

Minotaure wrote:... .

Question is, would so many sets find enough paying customers to justify the effort?

... ?
Just look at all of the sci-fi sets and then ask that question.
Of course, Graham could have made just three or four sets that covered all of the types of figures the group of sci-fi sets cover, but could he have done it as well?
With two generic Aliens sets, two Darcassian Alien sets, one Post-Apocalyptic set, one Pulp Sci-Fi set, two Robots sets, one Sci-Fi Civilian set, one Sci-Fi Heroes set, one Sci-Fi Villians set, one Sci-Fi Artillery set, one Sci-Fi Assault Squad set and three Sci-Fi Soldiers sets, do you think that is a bit much?
Maybe you do, but no sci-fi gamer here does.
Ask most sci-fi gamers if sixteen sci-fi sets are enough.
You will get one answer most of the time - "No!"

I seriously think that Graham should plan in all four of the sea sets in his three year schedule of releases.
This way he will cover the needs of all of the gamers involved, probabaly better than those gamers themselves expected.

Agathos

Post by Agathos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:40 am

Minotaure wrote:I vote for modern, of course, but the fantasy or steam punk genre would probably sell better.

Perhaps it would be better to just make one big themed underwater set with pieces for all the mentioned genres instead of many small ones?
I think this is a choice that Arion Games must take on their own, because only they can estimate the costs and revenues.

Minotaure

Post by Minotaure » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm

RabidFox wrote: Just look at all of the sci-fi sets and then ask that question.
... do you think that is a bit much?
No, I do not. In fact I bought most of them.

What I meant is that this underwater stuff is pretty special. Every SF-campaign needs tons of different miniatures but only a few will need underwater minis. Same for Fantasy, Steam Punk or modern campains.

If you do an underwater campaign though you'll need a variety of minis irrespective of the genre you're playing in: sharks, mantas, a carnivorous plant or two, native folks, etc. so the segregation in multiple genre specific sets may be less reasonable than a themed set for multiple genres.

Just my 2 cents.
Agathos wrote:I think this is a choice that Arion Games must take on their own, because only they can estimate the costs and revenues.
Of course and I have no intention to force this issue.

I'm just a loyal and satisfied customer with a strange idea.

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Agathos wrote:I think this is a choice that Arion Games must take on their own, because only they can estimate the costs and revenues.
"their"?
"they"?
Arion is just Graham, Graham and Graham Agathos.
And he tries to do everything we ask for because he works on the principle if one, two or maybe even five vocal people are asking for a set, most likely, there are a good number of folks just not willing to do the asking who want it too.

Agathos

Post by Agathos » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:27 pm

RabidFox wrote:
"their"?
"they"?
Arion is just Graham, Graham and Graham Agathos.
And he tries to do everything we ask for because he works on the principle if one, two or maybe even five vocal people are asking for a set, most likely, there are a good number of folks just not willing to do the asking who want it too.
This just makes it all the more impressive :).