Napoleonics British Set I Images

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

bottg
Site Admin

Napoleonics British Set I Images

Post by bottg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 pm

The first British Napoleonic set is almost ready to be released. This first set will feature Infantry and Officers (Cavalry and Artillery will follow).

There are 45 foot figures in this set and 8 mounted officers, all you need to start building your Peninsula war squad.

A Redcoat

A Skirmisher (Light Co.)

A Rifleman

A Major

A Highlander

A Mounted Rifles Colonel

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:04 am

Excellent!
Inspirational even.

I know the "Sharpe's" series is not necessarily good Napoleonics, but between some fellows here having watched that whole series on DVD recently and the sample images you showed right here, a few of the fellows are thinking of bringing in some Napoleonic gaming into our stable of games.
We will have to see.

Now, as I understand it, you plan to do two British sets, yes?
What about the rest?
As far as I recall, there is nothing yet produced.
So that means you need soldiers for these forces:
French
Austrian
Prussian
Other German States
Russian
Portuguese
Spanish Guerillas
And that is if you stay off the sea and out of the colonies!
Or are you serious about keeping this just in the Peninsula?

Geesh Graham, did you open a can of worms! :P
Some of the most hidebound wargamers I know are Napoleonic "enthusiasts" more commonly and more accurately identified here as fanatics at best, complete and total freakazoids at worse.
I can see them demanding from you individual sets for each of the regiments involved.
Were there not just over 45,000 individual regiments just involved on the Continent just between 1804-1815, let alone before '04?
How many different regiments just during that fateful month of June in 1815?
A thousand?
You will have to stand steady in the face of the Napoleonic onslaught after this Graham!
Stand firm man! :)

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 pm

I am aware of the range of regiments, with the different uniform facings, cap badges, etc, and that is just for the British!

What i was aiming for was something broadly historically accurate without being too specific. That way, your average gamer gets some Napoleonic figures, whilst the History Buff can easily use Photoshop or similar to change details if they so desire.

I will finish the british first, and then do the French army. There is less availability of the other nationalities in terms of electronic models, but i have made enquiries about these.