past sets and power points

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

heathd666

past sets and power points

Post by heathd666 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:55 pm

is there a way to get power points sets for some of the past sets that didnt come with power point versions? the reason im asking is i dont use the arion flats and instead use my own figure flats and use the pics from the arion power points sets i find i am able to get quiet a few more minis per page this way. i am really interested in the cowboys 1 and 2 native americans and vikings sets thanks in advance for your time

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 am

I started including powerpoint versions at some point in the dim and distant past, and included these for all sets after that. For earlier sets, i pretty much added them as they were requested. They are all on my hard drive, they just require a few bits of tidying up and then uploading.

I will get onto those today, and the rest as soon as possible.

heathd666

Post by heathd666 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:51 pm

thanks bud i appreciate it

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Thank you Graham for all that you do for us. :!:
I know with how your life evolves into chaos every Spring {lambing, your real job, life}, plus your wife being pregnant {last trimester} this time around, Arion is a bit of a challenge. :)
Your paper soldiers are a lifesaver; just ask my elder son whose class presentation project got a perfect score thanks to impressing the heck out of his history teacher with the Roman and Celt figures you produce that he put into a battlefield scene. 8)
Thanks again Graham. :D

heathd666

Post by heathd666 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:27 pm

this may sound a lil bit stupid but how do i go about getting the updated figure flats i checked with my previuse downloads from rpgnow and they are still without power points, thanks in advance

ps i really appreciate your work graham i tried several times to pick up the daz 3d studio stuff and it must have a very high learning curve becouse i was stumped so my hat is off to you sir :)

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 02, 2010 10:22 pm

heathd666 wrote:this may sound a lil bit stupid but how do i go about getting the updated figure flats i checked with my previuse downloads from rpgnow and they are still without power points, thanks in advance

ps i really appreciate your work graham i tried several times to pick up the daz 3d studio stuff and it must have a very high learning curve becouse i was stumped so my hat is off to you sir :)
I will be adding as many PPT versions as possible today/tomorrow to RPGNow first, and will post here as to my progress. I will then move on to the other stores.

Once they are updated, go to RPGNow, and your account, and click on the "Show updated since last download" button and voila!

As for DazStudio, it will take a while, but persist with it and it will very quickly become very addictive!

(This link is pretty good: http://www.daz3d.com/i/tutorial/tutorial?id=910&_m=d and also check out the Daz3D forums. They are very friendly there.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 02, 2010 10:23 pm

RabidFox wrote: Your paper soldiers are a lifesaver; just ask my elder son whose class presentation project got a perfect score thanks to impressing the heck out of his history teacher with the Roman and Celt figures you produce that he put into a battlefield scene. 8)
Thanks again Graham. :D
Glad to here that! It does make all the hard work easier to bear to know that people get enjoyment and education from my products!!!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Ok, I have uploaded the following PPT sets to RPGNow:

ARG041 - Cowboys II
ARG044 - Robots II
ARG045 - Vikings
ARG046 - Robin Hood
ARG047 - YotZ Independence Day
ARG049 - SciFi Heroes
ARG051 - Aliens II
ARG052 - Normans
ARG054 - Pulp
ARG056 - SciFi Villains
ARG057 - SciFi Soldiers III
ARG061 - Aztecs

All sets from 40 onwards should now have PPT versions on RPGNow

More tomorrow

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon May 03, 2010 10:09 pm

A few more added to RPGNow:

ARG011 - Orientals
ARG015 - Modern Soldiers
ARG019 - Saracens
ARG020 - YotZ Gunfight at the OK diner
ARG031 - Aliens
ARG032 - SciFi Civilians
ARG034 - Native Americans
ARG038 - SciFi Soldiers II
ARG039 - King Arthur

So that should be all sets from 11 onwards. The rest should go up tomorrow

heathd666

Post by heathd666 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:23 pm

thanks alot for the ppts the only ones i had problems with downloading are ARG061 aztecs and ARG009 cowboys it let me download the pdf but no ppt was included i dont know if that is something on your end or RPGNOWs end thanks again for the beautiful ppts

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm

heathd666 wrote:thanks alot for the ppts the only ones i had problems with downloading are ARG061 aztecs and ARG009 cowboys it let me download the pdf but no ppt was included i dont know if that is something on your end or RPGNOWs end thanks again for the beautiful ppts
Aztecs should be fine, but i will just check. Cowboys went up about 5 min ago, and the rest are going now. So these have been added today:

ARG001 - Crusaders
ARG002 - Robots
ARG003 - Darcassians
ARG004 - SciFi Soldiers
ARG009 - Cowboys

The only one not to have a ppt version is ARG037 - Darcassians II, due to a file corruption problem. I am searching for backups of that.
Otherwise, they all now have ppt versions at RPGNow, and i will get the extra files onto YGN, E23 etc over the next week or so.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue May 04, 2010 9:04 pm

heathd666 wrote:thanks alot for the ppts the only ones i had problems with downloading are ARG061 aztecs and ARG009 cowboys it let me download the pdf but no ppt was included i dont know if that is something on your end or RPGNOWs end thanks again for the beautiful ppts
I have just checked Aztecs again, and it sends a ppt for me. If you still have troubles, let me know and i will sort it for you.

heathd666

Post by heathd666 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:29 pm

thanks again for the replies, i still cannot download the ppt but i sent an email to rpgnows customer service im sure it is something on my end but havnt a clue on what it is, im sure it isnt the first time this has happened as their customer base is so large so ill wait till i hear from them.

Also i appreciate the kind words on daz3d, They are a very friendly bunch of people on their boards. im still chugging along with it and im sure eventually i will figure it out but i think alot of it has to do with im running it inside of wine for a linux ubuntu sustem.

Its kind of wierd i try to find the tree to load a base figure and i get 5 or 6 of the same file in the tree for some items and such. its probably becouse i installed it a couple times and uninstalled and reinstalled trying to get it to work so im sure it left imprints within the file structures that it is picking up. thats the good thing about it i can always work on it whenever i want to and am not pressured into a certain amount of time that i have to figure it out.

thanks again for the great work you have done on your mini sets it will be some hard shoes for me to attempt to exceed but ill try while attempting my own sets.

sincerely heath delashmit

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed May 05, 2010 8:21 am

Graham, the changes at YGN will take a week or so then?
Okay, not that I have much choice about waiting, do I? :lol:

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed May 05, 2010 9:45 pm

heathd666 wrote:thanks again for the replies, i still cannot download the ppt but i sent an email to rpgnows customer service im sure it is something on my end but havnt a clue on what it is, im sure it isnt the first time this has happened as their customer base is so large so ill wait till i hear from them.
To speed things up i have sent you a complimentary copy, which should work to get the ppt version. Let me know if it doesn't!