more fantasy minis please

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

Alarick

more fantasy minis please

Post by Alarick » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:40 am

hi there will you be doing more fantasy minis like bug bears gnolls hobgoglins be holders and such how about a giants pack with frost giants and fire giants and stone giants veebeegs and hill giants

plus dinasaurs and and regular animals would be cool and not to mention sabre tooth tigers and cave bears how about some aztecs and even vikings

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:24 am

Dinosaurs and Mega-Mammals (Mammoth, Sabretooth, etc.) would be cool sets, but extreme lengthy.
Some of the sauropod dinosaurs (aka long necks) would have to multi-page figures because they could not fit on a single page if done to scale.

Hopefully, if Graham does pursue this idea, that he would be able to connect up with some paleo folks for the correct dimensions.
Too often things like JP's velociraptors are in actually other species/genera (e.g. JP's Velociraptors are in actuality Utahraptors; velociraptors are actually only about the size of a large dog; an Irish Wolfhound or a Scottish Deerhound at the absolute largest)
If Graham did these sets well, they would be among some of the most leangthy sets he has ever done.

The big deal with the two sets I pursued here from Alarick's posting is that if they are done well, they can be used by BOTH the fantasy gamer AND the Science Fiction gamer.
This is not the case with the other creatures Alarick mentioned.
More utility means more money made!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:55 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying here, but i have been away.

I have actually recieved a long list of requests recently, but i can tell you that a "Prehistoric" set with mammoths, neanderthals etc is in the planning, although as has been noted the scale issue will require careful thought and planning, as with the planned dinosaur set.

A "Giants" set is also planned, as is a Zulu/African set and several WWII sets. In addition, there should be more sci-fi and medieval sets out soon.

I am also attempting to evaluate the feasability of Battletech Infantry sets, both in terms of available models and also licenses, and i will post more as soon as i know more.

My release schedule is fairly flexible, so it may change depending on demand etc!

Graham

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:55 am

Could you please keep the mega-mammals and such separate from the cave men Graham?
I am pretty sure that I am not the only one, but I know I have absolutely no use for cave men, but a great need for mega-mammals and the like.
I am sorry if this is contrary to your plans Graham, but I felt I needed to speak out.

Graham, I would hope that you could sell an "Early Man", "Cave Man" or some other such titled set disconnected from the animal sets.

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:03 am

BTW, the rest of your news:
Upcoming Sets:
Giants
Zulu/Africans (I hope this is at least two sets so one could really show the differences between the Zulus and tribesmen such as the Masai, Kalahari Bushmen, Tuarreg, Congolese Pygmies, etc.)
more sci-fi (any hints or previews?)
more medieval (any Swiss mercenaries or Scot Highlanders?)

AND that you are:
parkusuk wrote:I am also attempting to evaluate the feasability of Battletech Infantry sets, both in terms of available models and also licenses, and i will post more as soon as i know more.
is great news and something I definite say "Thank you Graham!" about.
Infantry figures for the BT Universe are so needed in this scale if for anything at all, conversation pieces on ones desk at work, but especially so that folks who do play BattleTroops still or even for 3D encounters in MechWarrior/BattleTech RPG can have the opportunity to actually have accurate figures on the field.

Epona_Jade

More clothes, please, on more fantasy minis.

Post by Epona_Jade » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:58 pm

Hello everyone, I've been using Graham's minis for almost a year now and love the art work. As a female GM with a group of 13 year old female gamers, I would appreciate more clothing on at least some of the female warriors. :roll: Going into battle with your midrift exposed is just silly. It is practically begging to be disembowled, not to mention uncomfortable in cool weather.

Regards,
Epona_Jade

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:19 pm

First to reply to the post above,

I assume you mean the DragonLords preview......
Strangely enough that was actually my first real foray into "High" fantasy, e.g. Big swords, scanty clothing etc, and while i think it looks excellent, i also take your point. What i will do, just for you, is do a "bonus" version of the Dragon Lady, and update the set with it (for everyone) a few days after it is released. Then you will be able to use that instead. I actually usually try to put a good representation of female characters, and not with skimpy clothing/huge breasts/etc as i realise there are a lot of female gamers out there.

More to follow later re: next releases, as i have to catch a train!

Graham

Epona_Jade

Wow, an armoed version of the Dragon Lady too!

Post by Epona_Jade » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:12 pm

parkusuk wrote:First to reply to the post above,

I assume you mean the DragonLords preview......
Strangely enough that was actually my first real foray into "High" fantasy, e.g. Big swords, scanty clothing etc, and while i think it looks excellent, i also take your point. What i will do, just for you, is do a "bonus" version of the Dragon Lady, and update the set with it (for everyone) a few days after it is released. Then you will be able to use that instead. I actually usually try to put a good representation of female characters, and not with skimpy clothing/huge breasts/etc as i realise there are a lot of female gamers out there.

Graham
Right you are! I had you lumped in with others, and I'm sorry that I came down so hard on you. I love the armored version (as well as the other, there's a woman who is comfortable in her own skin). Now we have two wonderful versions of the Dragon Lady. Many thanks!

Regards,
Epona_Jade

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:51 pm

I am glad you like the new version.

There does indeed seem to be a lot of fantasy female representation of the Chainmail Bikini kind, and that is also reflected in many of the 3D models commercially available. In fact, the NVWAS phenomenon is well known, and stands for "Naked Victoria With A Sword". Victoria is the most popular base female model, and a huge number of identikit 3d images represent NVWAS.

Our philosophy has always been customer-driven, and the more comments we recieve, both positive and negative, the better we can make future sets.

Graham