'20s, '30s & '40s Pulp Fiction Figures

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:27 am

Those suggestions (where possible) will be added to the pulp 2 set.....

In the meantime, here is the promised RPGNow coupon, for the special price of $4 until the 26th January 2007.

http://www.rpgnow.com/?coupon=88629

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:18 pm

Thanks Graham, that is great news.

Is there an ETA on Pulp2?

Additionally, why stop at Pulp 2?
There is so much that can be done in Pulp that Pulp Sets 3 & 4 are reasonably possible.

Thanks for all the figures so far Graham.
Looking forward to the next ones.

Have a great day!

Specter84

Post by Specter84 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:30 pm

parkusuk wrote:... it is run as a co-operative, with all major decisions decided by the members. ... because it has only just opened, it still has a fairly small number of regular customers. To this end, we at Arion Games are trying to promote it, and get more people aware of its existence and buying its products.
Graham was very polite recently when describing the recent mega-merger. I found Arion Games right after I heard about the merger, and I was VERY disappointed that it was the only location to purchase Graham's sets. Although I have not yet puchased any Arion products :oops: , I intend to remedy that situation soon. And ALL of my purchases will be through YGN.

Thanks Graham, for giving us a choice.

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:10 pm

The resulting conglomeration of RPGNow and whatever aside, they do provide the services I need that are NOT provided by Your Games Now.
That is at least for those companies who have not dragged their product out of the resulting game shoppe conglomerate like World Works Games did.
Graham, as a member of the YGN co-op, could you please get the following features placed onto YGN's WEB page?
If they were present, it would make YGN far more attractive to customers like myself.

Two services I demand in an on-line games shoppe that I will regularly patronize are:
1) Cookies-capable: if I HAVE to log on each time to deal with personal account matters every time I get on the WEB page, that becomes low customer service for me.
The shoppe should be facilitating my purchases - not making them have to be worked at.

2) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT - a permanent Wish List!
I currently have $1,430.26USD of product on my wishlist @ RPGNow, consisting of almost 150 items including three Arion bundles and four more individual sets ($80.10USD).
I am not a big spender when it comes to RPGNow (I have only spent $751.38 @RPGNow in the last two years with only $36.50USD for 15 Arion figure sets thanks to bundle, new and anniversary discounts along with regular prices and I picked up 2 other free Arion sets from there), but I hope I spend enough to be at least listened to and have some attention paid to what I want as a customer.
YGN's dearth of such a wish list service is poor customer service in this customer's view and as a result, does not enocourage me to do more business with them.

Graham, I am all about good customer service and I will not patronize a business that I think I am getting poor or inadequate service from.
YGN has some serious improvements that need to happen before I am ever a regular customer there.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:03 am

I passed your comments on to the other members of YGN, and there was some discussion, and as a result there is now a wishlist option! After you have clisked on a particular product, there will be a "wishlist" button on the right hand side, and anytime you are logged in you can access your wishlist from the "Information" panel, also on the right hand side.

As for cookie login, apparently the creators of the shopping cart software consider this to be a security risk, and so didn't code it. However, the store managers are coding it from the ground up, so it might take a little while, but the option should be added soon.

This is one of the positive aspects of this store model, where a customer can request a feature directly or through an individual publisher, and if the other members agree, it will get added.

Happy shopping!

Graham

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:06 am

Thank you Graham for the site improvements at YGN.
I know this might be picky, but could the wish list at least by sorted automatically by title alphabetical order rather than order in which it has been entered?
What would really be cool is a sort feature, that can be chosen by the user to sort their wish list by game company, item title or price at the their choice from the menu.

I will continue to consider what other features of RPG Now that might be things I do not actually think of, but use regularly and reflexively there.

I just ran into something: make each page at least 25 items per the company searched instead of 16.
Somewhere between 30 & 50 would be better; that way one is not jumping from page to page of items on and on.
Arion games is now 4 pages; at 50/page it would only be 2 pages.
What would probably be best is give the viewer/customer their choice from a menu list of 16,25,50&100 items displayed per page.

Any chance of expanding the offerings there some, if not by a good deal?
"()" are what the value in USD that I have of that game/company on my RPG Now Wish List and how many items in that category
FanPro's BattleTech ($381, 28 ), ICE's Silent Death($163.75, 22), Skeleton Key 2D Mapping Tiles($98.64, 14), Adamant Entertainment's Thrilling Tales ($83+, 3+), Fat Dragon Games' E-Z 3D&2D terrain series ($70, 12), PIG's Disposable Heroes+ ($34+, 5+) and many more that I just want to pick up one or more items.
What are the odds Graham?

Thank you for your help with this Graham.
I already have the Arion items I want on my new wishlist along with some items I want from the other companies listed (28 items total so far).

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:46 am

Hey Graham,

Did I miss the wish list sort feature the first time around or do I need to say "Thank you!" again?
Anyway, "Thank you!" for making the wish list feature much more user friendly whenever it was that the variable sort feature was added.

Moreover, YGN has stacked wish lists like Amazon.Com does.
I LOVE stacked wish lists; it makes going through what you want SSOOOOO much easier!!

Anyway Graham, thank you for being so willing to alter your co-op to make the site more useful for the customers!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:52 am

I am glad you like the changes. The products per page has also been set to 50, which will also make it easier to find products.

The login might take a bit more time, as we need to be very security concious, especially after RPGNow was hacked, but our excellent site admin is working on it.

Graham

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:11 pm

Something else Graham.

The priority setting on the wishlists does not seem to vary from just a '2'.
Is it just me or does this feature need to be fixed?

Thanks!

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:16 pm

Hey Graham,

When is Pulp II coming out?
Looking forward to it with great anticipation!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:02 pm

The pulp 2 set may be a couple of months yet, partly because of one or two projects i hope to announce every soon, but also because i need to track down appropriate models to do the set justice. I am already putting together a list of figures for the set though, and i will push it as far up the priority list as possible.