Wishlist: Modern / Near Future

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

Minotaure

Wishlist: Modern / Near Future

Post by Minotaure » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:40 pm

As I'd like to engange in a modern espionage campaign I'd really like to see an expansion on modern / near future models.

Some ideas:
Mobsters, Triads, Yakuzas
Body Guards
Security
Gangs (e.g. Punks)
Rockers
Black-Ops
Agents (you know, the suite'n'glasses type)
FBI, CSI, CIA, ...
more Militia variants for different countries, e.g. coloured ones
Party guests
modern martial artists (e.g. Big Trouble in Little China style)
Civilians for different cultures, e.g. african, south american, chinese peasants, working class, business men

Any chance on that?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:24 pm

We do in fact have another Modern Civs set planned for this summer, and i will do my level best to get those into it. I can't see any problems producing any of those, so hopefully you won't be disappointed!

Minotaure

Post by Minotaure » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:46 pm

That's really good news. I'll wait in anticipation.

Thanks, Graham

MadKalnod

Post by MadKalnod » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:41 am

Might I suggest a possible variant?

Modern Horror
Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, Exorcist priests, demonic cultists, monster-hunters, vampire slayers, FBI agents, SWAT cops, detectives, Men in Black, fiends wearing human skins, psychics, Grey alien abductors, and the like.

Also, while it it may be drifting off-topic as it isn't quite so near-future, might I suggest the following expansions to existing lines?

Science Fiction Heroes 2: Alien Heroes
Science Fiction Villains 2: Alien Villains
Given your amazing talent to recreate famous sci-fi aliens in previous sets such as the the Arachnid warrior bug, the Zerg Hydralisk, the Giger Xenomorph, Twi'Lek Jedi, and bits of the new Cylons, it would be incredibly useful to have a set or two of sci-fi hero figures based upon the non-human races of classic SF RPGs. i.e. the Dralasites, Vrusk, and Yazirians of Star Frontiers/D20 Future, the Aleerin/Mechalus, Fraal, Sesheyans, T'sa, and Weren from Alternity/D20 Future, and the Aslan, Droyne, Hivers, K'Kree and Vargr from Traveller. Indeed, Alternity/D20 Future has a plethora of alien invaders for a Sci-Fi Villains set: The Bareem, The Dhamrin, the Gardhyi, the Klicks, the Kroath, the Medurr, the N'sss, the Sathar, the Sifarv, and the Thaal. They need not be suably-close to the originals, but many are simply human-animal hybrids of some sort and should be relatively simple.
"I'm not scared of monsters. They're scared of me."
- The 8th Doctor

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:06 am

Wow Graham, we never let up on our wishlists, do we?
There are some cool ideas above, but unfortunately for me I cannot use most of them; I just do not play games with aliens in them much or horror creatures.
That does not though take away from my particular goal of having every one of your sets in hand against possible future needs that may arise.

I am looking forward to the second (and I hope third, fourth, fifth and so on) Modern civilians as well as our bull-headed friend.
Of course, I am looking forward to the second (and sentiments as shown in the parentheses in the prior sentence) for 1930s Pulp figures.
Additionally Graham, I am still hoping that you will be able to put together a reasonable agreement with WK to do a good number of sets for figures from the BattleTech Universe in 28mm as well.

Out of curiosity Graham, could you share with us what all the desired sets are that you have received on wishlists from all of us?
Moreover, you could always set the list of potential sets up as a poll where our first choice would received ten points and so forth down until our tenth choice would receive only 1 point.
That might help you prioritize what might make you the most money the fastest, yes?
I hope this idea might be helpful to you and Arion.

Anyway Graham, thank you for a series of wonderful miniature sets that allow us to play with characters that the plastic, resin and metal manufacturers have not done yet or who charge a small fortune to have.