Faery's Tale Set

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

Is the lack of figure scale a problem or bonus for the Faery's Tale set?

Problem. They don't look right.
67%
Good. They make it easier to see the "smaller" characters.
33%

Total votes: 3

bottg
Site Admin

Faery's Tale Set

Post by bottg » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:28 pm

A recent review of the Faerys tale set at RPGNow.....

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_r ... s_id=16119

.....felt that a weak point of the set was the lack of scale i.e. that all of the figures were the same size.
As pointed out in our reply, this was a concious decision given the probable target audience of under-10's.

However, as most people here will know, we like to listen to our customers, and so i am very interested to hear what you think of the scaling issue, and especially if anyone has used the figures with a young player. Did the regular large size help, or did it just confuse?

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:10 pm

Graham,
Within the confines of Firefly games' desires the setmay be just fine.
Within the average fantasy gamer's parameters, which as you say was not the target group, it is a disaster.

The house cat and all of the other small animals look to be as big as the humans.
That is what stood out for me - the cat.
Plus, I must admit, the dragon and the giant being as small as the cat was a bit off for me too.

So Graham, the fantasy players here will be getting their serious version of Faery's Tales in 2008?
At the very soonest after the Post-Apocalyptic and Pulp II sets, right?
Or is it a set you can re-scale with very little effort?
That is without doing the work entailed in the "sewing needles" and others like it complaints.

Those of us here are looking forward with great anticipation to the Pulp II set.
Here's hoping it is out by the "End of the Year" (the PC term for the break that includes Christmas and New Year's) for the universities here.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:31 pm

That is the sort of feedback i am after. Of course, one option would be to release (update?) the set as a powerpoint version. Then you can resize the figures as required, and indeed by ungrouping a "figure", you could even then shrink the images within the frame.
The resolution i create them at should allow some serious enlargement.

G0BL1NK1NG

Re: Faery's Tale Set

Post by G0BL1NK1NG » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:31 pm

parkusuk wrote:A recent review of the Faerys tale set at RPGNow.....

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_r ... s_id=16119

.....felt that a weak point of the set was the lack of scale i.e. that all of the figures were the same size.
As pointed out in our reply, this was a concious decision given the probable target audience of under-10's.

However, as most people here will know, we like to listen to our customers, and so i am very interested to hear what you think of the scaling issue, and especially if anyone has used the figures with a young player. Did the regular large size help, or did it just confuse?
Couldn't you simply provide instructions on how to change the scale so that the cat, etc. should be of a comparable size to use with the other minis, like humans, faeries, etc. I mean, that can easily be adjusted in .ppt so that they will all play nice together. Oh, and by the way, I just got Faery's Tale and I am very impressed. I am looking forward to playing it with my daughters (ages 10 and 12). The minis are going to make the game really come alive for us.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:50 pm

In the next day or two i will update RPGNow with the PPT versions of this set, so that each buyer can choose whatever scale they want.

I will post here when i have done that, but you should also recieve an email from RPGNow.

EDIT: I managed to get it done this evening!

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:28 am

What if we got it from YGN :?:

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:26 pm

It will take me a couple of days to get the YGN update done, but if anyone is desperate, email me and i will sort something out.

rian90

Post by rian90 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:11 am

Hello, I purchased the Faery's Tale figures to use in a game I GMed at a con but was not happy with the scale. I would have preferred slightly larger figures to use with young children.

I bought mine from RPGNow last spring and found this post just today. I went to my account and do not see an update for the figures so I can rescale them.

Do I have to buy them again or is there a way to get the update? I do not notice anything on the site but I could be missing it.

Thanks.

rian90

Post by rian90 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:11 am

Hello, I purchased the Faery's Tale figures to use in a game I GMed at a con but was not happy with the scale. I would have preferred slightly larger figures to use with young children.

I bought mine from RPGNow last spring and found this post just today. I went to my account and do not see an update for the figures so I can rescale them.

Do I have to buy them again or is there a way to get the update? I do not notice anything on the site but I could be missing it.

Thanks.

rian90

Post by rian90 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 am

Sorry for the double post. I received an error and didn't think it went through. :oops:

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Thats strange....all accounts should have updated. If you email me (at admin@arion-games.com) with your order number, i will email you a link to the files on our server.

rian90

Post by rian90 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:49 am

Well, I finally checked back here as I am getting ready for another convention. And lo and behold, I do have the ppt files! They have the same name in my account so I didn't realize they were different.

I just purchased the pulp figures as well and found the ppt for them too! Thanks! This is so nice!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:02 am

I am making an effort to get PPT versions of all of the sets onto all of the stores. It is obviously quite a large job, and may take a while, but if there are any specific ones not yet done, let me know and i will make them a priority.

All new sets will obviously be available as PPTs on release.

Photoner Hawkwind

Post by Photoner Hawkwind » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:42 am

I would probably prefer some type of scale such as a small medium and large at least.
"Political correctness is just being polite to anyone who is not exactly the same as you, which is everybody." - Me

"People who quote themselves are a little wierd." - Me