New Monsters

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

RabidFox
Knight

New Monsters

Post by RabidFox » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:44 am

Hey Graham,

I was wondering if you are open to some requests.

Maybe a new Monster set for fantasy players.

Need:
Hydra - preferably five heads.
Cockatrice - "The Cockatrice is a fearsome creature whose squat, strong body is covered with scales and feathers. Powerful leathery wings propel it through the sky, from where it swoops down upon its enemy and rends them apart with its sharp claws. The Cockatrice's head has a fierce beak and is covered with ugly red wattles, which make it look both bizarre and frightening. The Cockatrice can petrify its foes with its magical gaze, literally turning them to stone. This weird ability makes it very difficult to fight."
Giant Scorpion - just as it sounds, but no where as big as the "boys" in the newer Clash of the Titans film; maybe a single ogre could ride one of these - at biggest.
Gorgon - "The Gorgon is a horrifying snake-headed she-monster with long thin claws and small sharp teeth through which the creature hisses like a serpent. Like a Cockatrice the gaze of a Gorgon is magical and can turn a victim to stone. Gorgons sometimes carry weapons which they clutch awkwardly in their misshapen hands, and they dress in robes pulled from battle corpses."
Wyvern - wings, legs, stinger tail - just the classic monster; it is not a dragon - only a dracoform.
Zombie Dragon - you did a dracolich instead of a zombie dragon in Dragonlords; I would like an adult zombie dragon with no rider please.
Undead bird - about half the size of a giant eagle that could be ridden by a jockey-sized humanoid; without any rider.
Monster X - large bull with dragon/bat wings.
Monster Y - centaur variant; bull (instead of horse) with chaotic dwarf (instead of human).
Monster Z - manticore variant; chaotic dwarf face instead of human.
Giant Spider - more of a hunting spider type (Wolf,Taratula,Jumper) than the web-spinning variety you did before; larger than your big/giant web-spinners.

The Hydra, Wyvern and Zombie Dragon would be considered large monsters.
Everything else is just a monster.

I cannot think or anything else right now.
If I think of some thing more, I will try to post it.

Maybe this spawns some ideas of your own, yes?

bottg
Site Admin

Re: New Monsters

Post by bottg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

I think that is do-able. I had another set of monsters planned in the near future, so i will push it up the to-do list!

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you very much.

Any teasers as to what else will be in the set?

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey Graham Could you do a Phorusrhacidae (terror bird) that would be cool, also why no AFF2 sets :?: