Wishlist: Moder Horror/Evil

For the discussion of existing Arion Games sets as well as from other manufacturers, and wishlists for future sets

Moderator: bottg

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

Wishlist: Moder Horror/Evil

Post by Lord Abaddon of Wormwood » Sun May 07, 2006 11:54 am

The one other type of pack I would love to see is an Evil/horror Modern. A pack of stuff that would include Dark Priests (think suit and tie/dog collar -white), robed accolites, Modern zombies, gun totting vampires, claw totting vampires etc.

Another modern pack that would be great (and quite easy) would be cillivans, you know Mum dad the kids, teens, old people etc. A great quirk would be to do another pack of the same people but Angry and or Possessed (these suckers could have a demon mark on their forehead for example). Then another pack of the same poor sods but they are now Zombies. You could quite easily do a series of version of the same people just with different MATs, Poses and Objects. Another great version would be a Lovecraft mutating limbs degeneration.

Also a good couple of dismembered body bits is alway great for a good Cult uprising game.

Depicting Evil is family fun but for some reason not many people have the talent... :twisted: .

In all seriousness if you think about it these would be a great seller because no-one does do any of these but more often then not we (gamers) encounter such poor sods.

These packs could/would reach out to the "All Flesh Must Be Eaten", "Savage Worlds", "D20 Modern", "Call of [The Name that Shall Not be Named!]" and True20 just to name a few.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun May 07, 2006 3:49 pm

I do have a modern set planned with probably 30+ "normal" people + cars, motorbikes etc. It is probably 3 or 4 places down my priority list at the moment, so a month or 2? (watch this space)

Zombies are already out there! I did a "Year of the Zombie" set for the intro adventure that comes with the rulebook from UKG publishing (also on RPGNow). This has 8 characters plus 15 zombies. I have several other YotZ sets planned, and each will have their own set of zombies with them. I do like the idea of the body parts though.....i might do that as some freebies!
I suppose the problem with possessed/marked people is the scale. Full screen (as i render them) it looks very clear, but as a printout it may not be obvious. I will probably test it anyway though.

I will add "modern horror" to my list to do as well. I like that idea!

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

Post by Lord Abaddon of Wormwood » Sun May 07, 2006 11:56 pm

If and when your normal modern set comes out I was thinking it would just cool to see little Johnny devolve - Happy Little Johnny :arrow: Undead Little Jonny :arrow: Demon Posessed Little Johnny :arrow: Road Kill Little Jonny etc.

I think you get the point. The way I see it it would be great to have family bundles "The Cleaver Family in "Attack of the Zombie"", "The Cleaver Family in "Blair Vaction"" This way you could run tiny visual stories on the tabletop without having to really go into it, it could add a coolness unseen before.

As for possession maybe just red glowing eyes - I have played (do own) with Poser and 3dDaz and I have shrink figures down to that level so I do total understand what your saying.

I must say that a normal modern set is high on my wishlist - I'm a avid builder of cardstock terrain and having people to pop. my city/town village would be great. Also their good to work out where your missed hits went... teach the players its not all fun and games :twisted: . Needless to say your products and WorldWorks Game Mesh very well. I would pimp your stuff over at the forum but Denny does do standees already - just not as goods as yours. It would be my most favorate wish they you two companies could work together.

Glad you like the Modern Horror pack idea - this is my style of play. I love books like "Anita Blake" and "Dresden Files" world that are our own but a bit darker.

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood