From Firetop to Fang

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Julien

From Firetop to Fang

Post by Julien » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:00 pm

My party would like to go from Firetop Moutain (which they are just about to complete) to the city of Fang where they would like to take part in the Trial of Champions.
Can I assume that there is a road leading from Firetop to Fang across the Pagain Plains?
Also, is travel time on foot about 1 week?
If I am to use the wilderness adventure rules from Heroes Companion, would Flatlands be the most appropriate terrain type for the Pagan Plains?

shintokamikaze
Hero

Re: From Firetop to Fang

Post by shintokamikaze » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:53 pm

So in the map in the warlock adventure there is a road going from Greendepths to Gilford on the river Kok ( I guess a barge or boat could be hired from here to Fang, this would be the quickest way) and on to Zengis, another road goes from Stonebridge through Anvil on on to Fang.

Julien

Post by Julien » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Thanks shintokamikaze!

Do you think it would take them a week if they took the road from Anvil to Fang?

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:54 pm

:twisted:
Julien wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm
Thanks shintokamikaze!

Do you think it would take them a week if they took the road from Anvil to Fang?
I was using this map for Allansia in my games, it has a key at the bottom for distance that is very handy so lets say they are walking 12 hours and doing 50KM a day, and its 500 km from Stomebridge to fang I recon 10 days. And if you use this map they would be traveling through wild hills and planes. Going through the stone hills across the Pagan plane and up through grey ridge to Fang with 3 rivers to cross on the way lol. Or they could take the long road around and through Deathrise hills this would be safer but will take longer I guess, 800-900KM. I would imagine the roads would have been made by the ancient Allancians and would be maintained in and around towns but would be pretty bad and over grown out side settled areas.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1STpcI2 ... sp=sharing

HedgeWizard
Knight

Post by HedgeWizard » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Wow, That is one hell of a map! Where did you find it?

For the distances and times personally I wouldn’t worry so much. This is Titan for which there are no reliable maps (even if there are some very pretty ones). If you want it to take a week because that fits your adventure and group then go for it! If next time you want it to take a month because it fits the story better then that’s fine too.

Julien

Post by Julien » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 pm

This map is amazing Shintokamikaze! Thanks for your comments and advice too!

Where did you get this map from?

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:15 am

Julien wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 pm
This map is amazing Shintokamikaze! Thanks for your comments and advice too!

Where did you get this map from?
Some one posted it on here a few years back