Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

shintokamikaze
Knight
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Slloyd14 wrote:I'd like to run a game. Who's up for one?

Also, what time would you like it?

Also, which adventure would you like?

My adventures are:

A short Stellar Adventures adventure I played at Fighting Fantasy Fest (with Ruffnut and Lorian!)

Moria: Explore the randomly created dungeon as AFF2 goes roguelike!

Curse of Meraki: A curse has descended on the village of Meraki. A local woman has been accused of witchcraft and will be executed if the heroes cannot prove her innocence.

Holy order: A priestess is kidnapped by a mysterious stranger in a flying ship. Can the heroes save her? (I ran this last year at Dragonmeet and it is in Fighting Fantazine 16)

Mystic Well: Dungeon crawl based on the the most famous Atari ST cover disk shareware RPG ever.

Dungeon of the Orc Warlord: Randomly generated orc based dungeon

Shadow over Anvil: An annual harvest festival has been cursed by black magic. Can the heroes find the perpetrator (I ran this at Fighting Fantasy Fest 2014)

I have others, but they are longer and we would probably end up playing them all day.

There is a small possibility I could write a brand new adventure for the fest itself.


I would love to play :P
shintokamikaze
Knight
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 pm

I will be in the area the night before, the 1st of Sep, it's my birthday so if anyone fancies a few beers I'm up for it.
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Dupont » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 pm

Lorian wrote:
Dupont wrote:
Slloyd14 wrote:I'd like to run a game. Who's up for one?

Also, what time would you like it?

Also, which adventure would you like?

My adventures are:

A short Stellar Adventures adventure I played at Fighting Fantasy Fest (with Ruffnut and Lorian!)

Moria: Explore the randomly created dungeon as AFF2 goes roguelike!

Curse of Meraki: A curse has descended on the village of Meraki. A local woman has been accused of witchcraft and will be executed if the heroes cannot prove her innocence.

Holy order: A priestess is kidnapped by a mysterious stranger in a flying ship. Can the heroes save her? (I ran this last year at Dragonmeet and it is in Fighting Fantazine 16)

Mystic Well: Dungeon crawl based on the the most famous Atari ST cover disk shareware RPG ever.

Dungeon of the Orc Warlord: Randomly generated orc based dungeon

Shadow over Anvil: An annual harvest festival has been cursed by black magic. Can the heroes find the perpetrator (I ran this at Fighting Fantasy Fest 2014)

I have others, but they are longer and we would probably end up playing them all day.

There is a small possibility I could write a brand new adventure for the fest itself.



This sounds brilliant, I have just got the all clear from she who must be obeyed so I am about to buy my ticket. I would love to play some/all of these, if theres still space? In fact it makes me wonder why there isnt and AFF mini con once a year like there is for say the Warhammer guys ( which I am also going to!)

Mystic Well sounds interesting, Moria too, frankly I would happily play any and for as long as possible. It will be a breath of fresh air to play round a table again, its been a long long time.


I Love Warhammer! Where Can I Find Out More About This Warhammer Con?



Me too, although its a while since I played it, cant wait to see what Cubicle 7 do with it, I hope its good.

You can find the conversation here... I hope its ok linking another forum here, if not let me know and I will take it out.

http://forum.strike-to-stun.net/viewtopic.php?t=5835

Hurry though cos its 2 weeks time... Its pretty lowkey, a bunch of disparate WFRP fans, and glimmering stars getting together in west London

:)
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Dupont » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:I will be in the area the night before, the 1st of Sep, it's my birthday so if anyone fancies a few beers I'm up for it.


I think thats Irish for 'I'm buying'
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby shintokamikaze » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Dupont wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:I will be in the area the night before, the 1st of Sep, it's my birthday so if anyone fancies a few beers I'm up for it.


I think thats Irish for 'I'm buying'

:mrgreen:
User avatar
bottg
Site Admin
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby bottg » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:21 pm

I have now been sent the schedule for talks etc, and my talk on "Future products" is up against Jon green talking to Marc Gascoigne and signings by Peter Darvill-Evans, Alan Langford and Tony Hough. Tough gig that.
Slloyd14
Site Admin
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Slloyd14 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm

bottg wrote:I have now been sent the schedule for talks etc, and my talk on "Future products" is up against Jon green talking to Marc Gascoigne and signings by Peter Darvill-Evans, Alan Langford and Tony Hough. Tough gig that.


Free Haribo might solve your problems.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
Lorian
Knight
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Lorian » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:11 pm

When will the game be run? Do We have a time now the schedule is out?
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
User avatar
bottg
Site Admin
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby bottg » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:12 pm

I believe i have a table for the day so will be running 4 or 5 sessions. Not all of them will be run by me as i cannot do everything (contrary to popular belief) but will be run by Dan or Simon who are both assisting me.
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Dupont » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:38 pm

bottg wrote:I believe i have a table for the day so will be running 4 or 5 sessions. Not all of them will be run by me as i cannot do everything (contrary to popular belief) but will be run by Dan or Simon who are both assisting me.



Do we need to put our names down for games you guys and Stuart are running? Its so pleasant being able to play at a table rather than online as my group has to now its the main thing I want to do there on the day.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Dupont » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Slloyd14 wrote:
bottg wrote:I have now been sent the schedule for talks etc, and my talk on "Future products" is up against Jon green talking to Marc Gascoigne and signings by Peter Darvill-Evans, Alan Langford and Tony Hough. Tough gig that.


Free Haribo might solve your problems.


This would work!
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Slloyd14
Site Admin
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Slloyd14 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 pm

My game is completely unofficial, so I will need to scrounge a table. I had an idea to attend the AFF2 talk and pick up players when it finishes.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/



A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
Ruffnut
Hero
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Ruffnut » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Slloyd14 wrote:My game is completely unofficial, so I will need to scrounge a table. I had an idea to attend the AFF2 talk and pick up players when it finishes.


Good idea!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Ruffnut
Hero
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Ruffnut » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Anyone know If other world miniatures will be there? I think so but want to clarify.
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Nuvole!
Hero
Posts: 834
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Fighting Fantasy fest 2017

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:09 am

bottg wrote:i cannot do everything (contrary to popular belief)

:P :P :P :P
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest