Templar Talent

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Eddie
Adventurer

Templar Talent

Post by Eddie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:08 pm

so this talent interests me a lot, I can see it having a lot of potential to create an order of followers for a God.
I just have one question: it gives one power from the god, typically one of the three blessings listed under the god
BUT
all gods also give a unique power to their priests too, is this not a power that a Templar could have too?

I lied: there is a second question!
a normal priest can spend a Luck point to use one of their blessings an additional time in a day.
1 can a Templar do this too?
2 if a priest has the Talent (cannot remember name, Blessed?)that gives an extra use of a Blessing and they also spend a Luck point can they use the same Blessing 3 times in a day?
example: priest of Filash has smited undead, set an enemy on fire and healed a friend.
they get in another fight and a friend is dying so he uses the talent (that may or may not be named Blessed) to heal his friend
in a third fight another friend is dying, can he now spend a Luck to heal this one too?

Ruffnut
Hero

Re: Templar Talent

Post by Ruffnut » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:11 pm

The book says the talent grants the power in the same way as a normal one, so technically yes, although the restriction on only using a power 3 times a day still counts, so no.
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:09 am

Eddie wrote:can he now spend a Luck to heal this one too?
It says "may use one extra granted power per day without extra cost" and my opinion is the "without extra cost" bit means it doesn't count against the limits. So yep it doesn't stop you doing it again spending luck.

Eddie
Adventurer

Post by Eddie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:17 pm

the restriction is each power may be used once.
Templar would only have one power and devotion of 5.
I think the rule for priests to spend one luck for an extra use would work for a Templar.

a normal priest of course has 3 blessings and a god special power (in most cases) which is normally used once per day.
i'm a bit torn as to whether that ability can be used an additional time by either spending a luck OR having the blessed talent as that specific god power is not a blessing (as it is not on the list of blessings)
(if you see what I mean)