Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

Gareus

Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

Postby Gareus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:52 am

Hi,

I was talking on google+ a little while ago about trying to set something up where, say in Titan, we have a place/notice board for each main city/town and RPers can add what they are doing there at the time. This way it could add to current players between session fun and immersion where "Drinking at the Old Toad, be there all week" can be followed up by anyone who is in that town too and wants to RP in text form online a little.

Stuff like "going to be in Blacksand soon, anyone want to show me round?" (sent by raven of course) could lead to interactions that our characters normally would never have.

If it works you can have a dedicated site or even on something like Arions main site (which would help with exposure too) that shows a robust and interactive world beyond just the sessions we can all muster with friends.

You could also add a gazette or something too (no content in it that would alter peoples respective games of course).

Its just an idea but I love playing AFF2 and the world is great so Im always tying to come up with novel ways to pique peoples interest.

Anyone have any thoughts?
For Adventures Visit http://www.TheLegendofGareus.com or http://www.facebook.com/thelegendofgareus and give us a like......
Ruffnut
Knight

Re: Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

Postby Ruffnut » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 am

I like it!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:07 am

I think that that would be one of the best ideas ever!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:50 am

Very good idea :P
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Ditto from me too :D
Baldrick

Postby Baldrick » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Between everyone on this board, there is probably enough material for an entire living campaign, to be honest!

I'm not sure exactly how this idea works, but it reminds me a little of online MUDs back in the day (which were basically adventure game books that you would play online with a lot of other people, and the whole world was divided up into individual "rooms").
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Great idea, you could start with an adventurers guild notice board. In my 'campaign' ( Its barely started) the players are aware theres an adventurers guild in Anvil but havent visited it yet as they're still in the dungeon. I had Anton D'gar go there unknown to them so far too but he did say he would be in Anvil I think. Anyway, you could start with something like a notice board with players putting notes on - Passing on messages or seeking work or goods - and GMs could post adventure seeds or hooks ( Or red herrings).
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Dupont wrote:Great idea, you could start with an adventurers guild notice board. In my 'campaign' ( Its barely started) the players are aware theres an adventurers guild in Anvil but havent visited it yet as they're still in the dungeon. I had Anton D'gar go there unknown to them so far too but he did say he would be in Anvil I think. Anyway, you could start with something like a notice board with players putting notes on - Passing on messages or seeking work or goods - and GMs could post adventure seeds or hooks ( Or red herrings).

That would be cool, hero groups could trade and sell magic items.
Gareus

Postby Gareus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:57 am

Im glad folks like the idea. yeah its sortof a way we can all interact in world without affecting everyones current campaigns so much.

Dupont yes! The notice board is a great idea. OK, I have something on this week but will try to sort some graphics (at least for the header) of the Anvil guild starting next week.

My current campaign we are on the way to Salamonis so I think I will look at relevant inns, taverns etc along the way and maybe do a map?

And yes it could be adapted to additional fetch quests "Rimon's famous 'Crimson Blood' wine wanted in Silverton, please deliver to the Old Toad Tavern - 1sp for each of the 2x bottles wanted" that doesnt break the game at all and adds a little colour. Buts its really just whatever people want to do, I just love the idea of having a beer with another character from another campaign while both in Blacksand for instance.

Ideally i think itd be cool to have little graphics for each place like this:

Karn (The Blue Pig):

Im so glad I actually starting posting here, my FF obsession is finally paying off :lol:
For Adventures Visit http://www.TheLegendofGareus.com or http://www.facebook.com/thelegendofgareus and give us a like......
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:16 pm

Great idea!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Nice :P
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:27 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:
Dupont wrote:Great idea, you could start with an adventurers guild notice board. In my 'campaign' ( Its barely started) the players are aware theres an adventurers guild in Anvil but havent visited it yet as they're still in the dungeon. I had Anton D'gar go there unknown to them so far too but he did say he would be in Anvil I think. Anyway, you could start with something like a notice board with players putting notes on - Passing on messages or seeking work or goods - and GMs could post adventure seeds or hooks ( Or red herrings).

That would be cool, hero groups could trade and sell magic items.

Yeah it also adds a layer of activity to the world for players too. Maybe, just maybe players could make things for other players, or provide similar services there too: Armour a bit Battered? Gorget beginning to sag a bit? Send a Raven to Gurni Ironbreath for free consultations and very reasonable rates. Armour repairs, Blade sharpening and Horse shoes. Established (Insert year) .

You could have a Bartering board, swapping goods for goods or goods for services.

As well as these below, which are great ways of involving short adventure stubs too by GMs

Gareus wrote:
And yes it could be adapted to additional fetch quests "Rimon's famous 'Crimson Blood' wine wanted in Silverton, please deliver to the Old Toad Tavern - 1sp for each of the 2x bottles wanted" that doesnt break the game at all and adds a little colour. Buts its really just whatever people want to do, I just love the idea of having a beer with another character from another campaign while both in Blacksand for instance.
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 am

My group are starting in North West Allansia in the fjords round Frostholm so have a distinctly Norse flavour all welcome to visit Haalvangre when it's completed Rune castings And possibly Rune weapons may be available contact Rogni the Forge Master :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Robb 1 wrote:My group are starting in North West Allansia in the fjords round Frostholm so have a distinctly Norse flavour all welcome to visit Haalvangre when it's completed Rune castings And possibly Rune weapons may be available contact Rogni the Forge Master :lol:

Sounds excellent. I would like to put an advert for that, or some form of news in the Anvil Adventurers Guild for when my group reach there about that sort of thing. That raises another question, I would like to imagine a physical noticeboard but what puts the notes there? Are they all through normal means, travelling members dropping off notes now and then at a guild hall. Or are there some more magical methods of relaying these bits of news sometimes? Some Allansian form of the Owl postal systems in Harry Potter, or even the odd crystal ball reading creature. Some way to add description and flavour into it. It then becomes something Directors can use too in some form, or contribute to.

I love the idea of a group in Frostholm offering their services as guides to a newer group, or even looking for a guide other groups might have met ( NPC or otherwise).
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Epic
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”