Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

Lorian
Knight

Re: Idea for RP across the whole of Titan online

Postby Lorian » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:31 am

I more think that what people are trying to do is keep their players away from this forum, so they don't read their own adventures etc.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Gareus

Postby Gareus » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:46 am

Lorian wrote:I more think that what people are trying to do is keep their players away from this forum, so they don't read their own adventures etc.

Ahhh ok. Right, of course! I didnt think of that.

Hey so in the interim maybe we can spitball ideas for how to make the thing work.

I have created a basic Facebook page (i know its not venue of choice but its a free experiment to work out format) here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252949768491757/

If it doesnt show up ill have to add you to it as its secret (just because its a test) so either message me on FB or drop my your email and I will add you that way.
Essentially the layout is like this (see attachment). You have the main area followed by locations therein that all maintain their own threads, this could be done in a forum format too of course but on FB i can mock one up in 2mins.
Images would be added for banners, Alansia, Khul etc, and all towns making it look more inviting.

I know it looks vanilla as hell but as a format does this sortof work? Then also I suppose if anyone did want to do their own campaign things they could run separate posts below with the three main; Allansia, Khul, and Old World held at the top as constants.

The bonus of things like FB and Google+ is that they are developed for smartphones too so accessible on the go easily and more user friendly than forums. But forums you get more control and generally more dedicated visitors.

If anyone is willing to add some ideas or play inside this little group to generate some ideas it would be awesome! let me know.
Attachments
group.jpg
group.jpg (70.34 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
For Adventures Visit http://www.TheLegendofGareus.com or http://www.facebook.com/thelegendofgareus and give us a like......
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:20 am

Looks great, this is going to be epic :P
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:47 am

I think the waters got muddied when we were talking about how some of us don't advertise THIS forum to our players all that much. Assuming that this idea, of a way for players to interract across different groups was somewhere else, I think those two things got somehow confused maybe?

I think it was all fairly jokey though too...
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:58 am

Dupont wrote:I think the waters got muddied when we were talking about how some of us don't advertise THIS forum to our players all that much. Assuming that this idea, of a way for players to interract across different groups was somewhere else, I think those two things got somehow confused maybe?

I think it was all fairly jokey though too...

Yep, gotta keep the pesky players off this forum :lol:
Baldrick

Postby Baldrick » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Ah ok, so there are two different things... a private GMs forums and a RP forum.

Sadly I don't have Facebook or Google Plus, but have fun!
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 pm

A lot of people don't have Facebook or Google plus, why not make it online, like this forum?
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Gareus wrote:
Lorian wrote:I more think that what people are trying to do is keep their players away from this forum, so they don't read their own adventures etc.

Hey so in the interim maybe we can spitball ideas for how to make the thing work.

I have created a basic Facebook page (i know its not venue of choice but its a free experiment to work out format) here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/252949768491757/

If it doesnt show up ill have to add you to it as its secret (just because its a test) so either message me on FB or drop my your email and I will add you that way.
Essentially the layout is like this (see attachment). You have the main area followed by locations therein that all maintain their own threads, this could be done in a forum format too of course but on FB i can mock one up in 2mins.
Images would be added for banners, Alansia, Khul etc, and all towns making it look more inviting.

I know it looks vanilla as hell but as a format does this sortof work? Then also I suppose if anyone did want to do their own campaign things they could run separate posts below with the three main; Allansia, Khul, and Old World held at the top as constants.

The bonus of things like FB and Google+ is that they are developed for smartphones too so accessible on the go easily and more user friendly than forums. But forums you get more control and generally more dedicated visitors.

If anyone is willing to add some ideas or play inside this little group to generate some ideas it would be awesome! let me know.

tell me when it is fully up so i can get a facebook account!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Lorian wrote:A lot of people don't have Facebook or Google plus, why not make it online, like this forum?

It's easy to make a facebook account
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Ruffnut wrote:
Gareus wrote:

tell me when it is fully up so i can get a facebook account!

It's up now
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:00 pm

What is it called :?:
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:03 pm

The Heartfelt Carpentry
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AMZ ... p=drivesdk

There are 2 pages of info :p

Unfortunately I cannot find a good picture :/
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:27 pm

The Inspector's grave is somewhere from one of our very old games I revisited.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzf ... p=drivesdk
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:02 am

Ruffnut wrote:The Heartfelt Carpentry
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AMZ ... p=drivesdk

There are 2 pages of info :p

Unfortunately I cannot find a good picture :/

Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:12 am

Is this going to run just on Facebook or Will it run through the Arion games forums as well?bit confused :oops:

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”