Ruddlestone Sorcery

Ruffnut
Knight

Ruddlestone Sorcery

Postby Ruffnut » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:42 pm

He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Lorian
Knight

Re: Ruddlestone Sorcery

Postby Lorian » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

POT - too powerful, maybe make it half the brewing time?
RES - OP, make it a ritual instead!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:58 am

These look good to me, but I am still pretty new to the system as a RPG to give decent feedback.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Any Thoughts?
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:12 pm

I'll come back with probably more thoughts than you want this evening my time ;)
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Disclaimer: As always, comments are just my opinion and may be complete rubbish.

PIN - Even if it is on top of the DOL spell it should cost 1 point, you can't have a zero cost spell. If the damage is too low for a 1 point cost it'd be better to increase the damage a little. Or if you want the pins to be free make that part of the DOL spell description and then put some limits on how often it can be done.
SPK - I'd put it as the ghost is summoned rather than resurrected.
MUT - You're not going to go after an enemy with this (very hard to get a full cauldron within 10m of them) but if you get your kicks from mutating adventurers that happen to pass by your home it could be fun. The cost is too high, it's not as powerful as ZED.
HLP - Using 3 STAMINA to heal someone 2 STAMINA isn't a very good deal.
CRS - Ahh, I think you need some examples :)
RES - Too powerful for a 1 point spell, should be at least 4. The name is already taken too.
SKL - Is this restoring a lost SKILL point or an extra one? If the second how long does it last?
RPL- At a cost of 2 you're not going to use it to just keep the mozzies away but could be useful for giant insects or dangerous swarms.
GRM - Winged or wingless gremlins? Personally I vote for wingless, I'd be happy for the winged ones to be banned.
FLY - I'm against flying magic generally, they're too often game breakers. The slow moving ZEN spell is taking it far enough for me.
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 am

With stam it is supposed to not be a fair trade, otherwise it would be OP
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am

Also I just changed FLY to make it a 7 cost, and took your advice onboard
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:58 pm

The general theme of the new spells seems to be witchcraft. Just curious, was there stuff in the books suggesting Ruddlestone had a lot of witches? Anyway some interesting ideas.
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:19 pm

It did. This is because in Ruddlestone any young men with potential are put it the army as warrior priests.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:24 am

Sure that makes sense. I'd avoid using the terms shaman, voodoo doll and fetish, they're for African magic rather than witchcraft. You could say hedge mage for shaman and just "doll" for voodoo doll (like you did in some places). For fetish (and I'm assuming here this is the African magic meaning of an object with supernatural powers and not being into feet and stuff like that) you could say "a specially prepared container" or something.
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:52 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:Sure that makes sense. I'd avoid using the terms shaman, voodoo doll and fetish, they're for African magic rather than witchcraft. You could say hedge mage for shaman and just "doll" for voodoo doll (like you did in some places). For fetish (and I'm assuming here this is the African magic meaning of an object with supernatural powers and not being into feet and stuff like that) you could say "a specially prepared container" or something.

Done

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”