Tabletop or Virtual Tabletop?

Dupont
Knight

Re: Tabletop or Virtual Tabletop?

Postby Dupont » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 am

shintokamikaze wrote:I am a wargamer, eastern front ww2 and the Irish civil war 1922, so I use that terrain and paper minis from Arion that I love, I keep all my projects at the same scale 20mm 1/72 so I can mix and match my terrain, and it helps that a thatched house fits well on Titan,1920s Ireland, 1940s Soviet Russia :lol:

:lol:

I've seen your stuff, its excellent. I do miss sitting round the table with mates but hey, I'm not driving 100 miles each way just to see their ugly mugs :lol:
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:31 pm

My group is in Saltaire (near Bradford), Ipswich, London and Mansfield. And i am in the Yorkshire Dales. So face to face games only happen a couple of times per year!

I personally use Fantasy Grounds, which i find fantastic, and there is a very good AFF ruleset available.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm

I like the look of fantasy Grounds, but Roll20 is free. I am sure some of us could put our heads together and create a character sheet for Roll20, it would sit in the menu right next to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons because its alphabetical listing and that could only give the game more visibilty in the gaming community.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Dupont wrote:I like the look of fantasy Grounds, but Roll20 is free. I am sure some of us could put our heads together and create a character sheet for Roll20, it would sit in the menu right next to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons because its alphabetical listing and that could only give the game more visibilty in the gaming community.

Could we not use the pdf sheet :?:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Roll20 offers the option of creating your favourite game's character sheet that then works in game - so your skills etc generate dice rolls when you click on them. It isn't vital, we just roll dice in the game function and they have normal character sheets. I just think it would give AFF a bit more publicity being on roll20, and it would be nice to be able to use proper character sheets in the game, with a nice bit of art on it, the odd skull, pile of gold, jewels and sword etc
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Dupont wrote:Roll20 offers the option of creating your favourite game's character sheet that then works in game - so your skills etc generate dice rolls when you click on them. It isn't vital, we just roll dice in the game function and they have normal character sheets. I just think it would give AFF a bit more publicity being on roll20, and it would be nice to be able to use proper character sheets in the game, with a nice bit of art on it, the odd skull, pile of gold, jewels and sword etc

I will have to check out roll20, the last time I looked I had no idea how to use it :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:34 pm

:lol: I'm like that most weeks we use it to be honest :P

Nah its pretty simple, google hangouts gets on my nerves though!
Gareus

Postby Gareus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:53 am

We do Googlehangouts so its all internet video. Would do face to face but my group is all round the country and world now :cry:

I still use the adventure sheets but change them digitally:

That sheet (minus the crumpled paper) was posted on the AFF Google+ page so I tweaked it but it looks great and I just edit values in Acrobat.
For Adventures Visit http://www.TheLegendofGareus.com or http://www.facebook.com/thelegendofgareus and give us a like......
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:38 am

Gareus wrote:We do Googlehangouts so its all internet video. Would do face to face but my group is all round the country and world now :cry:

That sheet (minus the crumpled paper) was posted on the AFF Google+ page so I tweaked it but it looks great and I just edit values in Acrobat.

Wow! Gareus is one of the weirdest characters ever! Fits his personality though.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:06 am

Lorian wrote:
Gareus wrote:We do Googlehangouts so its all internet video. Would do face to face but my group is all round the country and world now :cry:

Wow! Gareus is one of the weirdest characters ever! Fits his personality though.

Half eatin arse cheek :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:28 am

Lol its a nice looking character sheet

'repellent to women' maybe he should stop talking to flesh eating grubbs and eels :P
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 am

Lol
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:13 am

bottg wrote: My group is in Saltaire (near Bradford), Ipswich, London and Mansfield. And i am in the Yorkshire Dales. So face to face games only happen a couple of times per year!

I lived in Hull until few hours ago... close enough for a face to face game every now and then... :roll:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 am

Half eaten arse cheek :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 am

:D

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”