Tabletop or Virtual Tabletop?

Dupont
Knight

Tabletop or Virtual Tabletop?

Postby Dupont » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 am

Out of interest who plays in a face to face-sitting round a table game and who plays through the ether on the internet?

My group now plays mostly through the latter and we use Roll20 as we have all moved here and there round the country.

I am also interested in this as I am curious if we could get an AFF character sheet onto roll20 between us. Apart from being useful to any of us, it seems like it might benefit the game getting noticed.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Dupont
Knight

Re: Tabletop or Virtual Tabletop?

Postby Dupont » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am

The card minis Arion makes seem like an obvious cross-over for roll20 users too.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Face to face on my attic floor with metal, plastic, or paper minis. A games mat and dry marker pens and or occasional scenery for me :D
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Dupont wrote:Out of interest who plays in a face to face-sitting round a table game and who plays through the ether on the internet?

My group now plays mostly through the latter and we use Roll20 as we have all moved here and there round the country.

I am also interested in this as I am curious if we could get an AFF character sheet onto roll20 between us. Apart from being useful to any of us, it seems like it might benefit the game getting noticed.

Let me know if you need another player.
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 pm

I do it in real life.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:21 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:
Dupont wrote:Out of interest who plays in a face to face-sitting round a table game and who plays through the ether on the internet?

We might do, we often have someone away that leaves us short. Although I would like to have a bit more time under my belt running AFF before doing so I think, seeing as I think I might have a fair bit less experience in this setting than you... :oops:
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Dupont wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:

We might do, we often have someone away that leaves us short. Although I would like to have a bit more time under my belt running AFF before doing so I think, seeing as I think I might have a fair bit less experience in this setting than you... :oops:

I just got back into it about two years ago :roll:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Ok, let me finish Firetop and work out what I am going to do next ( and finish a little piece of art work :P ) and then we can sort this out?
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Dupont wrote:Ok, let me finish Firetop and work out what I am going to do next ( and finish a little piece of art work :P ) and then we can sort this out?

:lol:
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Dupont wrote:Ok, let me finish Firetop and work out what I am going to do next ( and finish a little piece of art work :P ) and then we can sort this out?

You should upload your roll 20 games to the directors guild youtube
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 pm

For some time I was thrilled by the possibilities of "Play by (something at distance)" games, but after a thorough experience they turned out to be quite a delusion and now I quit most of that games in favour of rarer and apparently less handy face to face playing.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
gallowglacht

Postby gallowglacht » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 am

I'm running my first session Tuesday, face to face.
I hope to run more.
I won't be playing via internet, I only play tabletop RPGs face to face.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:05 am

Well if I had the choice I would run them face to face, its how we used to. but now we all live considerable distances apart and it just wouldnt be feasible. Roll20 takes some getting used to maybe, but once you get to grips with handouts and art, maybe sounds effects or music sometimes, its pretty useful. If it wasn't for it my group wouldn't be able to play.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:06 am

shintokamikaze wrote:

Yeah its been on my mind, I would have to convince the rest of them to let me :P
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:44 am

Dupont wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:

Yeah its been on my mind, I would have to convince the rest of them to let me :P

I am a wargamer, eastern front ww2 and the Irish civil war 1922, so I use the card terrain I make for that, and paper minis from Arion that I love, I keep all my projects at the same scale 20mm 1/72 so I can mix and match my terrain, and it helps that a thatched house fits well with Titan,1920s Ireland, 1940s Soviet Russia :lol:
http://republictheirishwarofindependence.blogspot.ie/
Last edited by shintokamikaze on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”