Module Conversion

Nuvole!
Hero

Re: Module Conversion

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:05 am

I think you may find something useful for D&D->AFF2 conversions here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=512&p=2715&hilit=conversion#p2715
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:59 am

Torus wrote:STAMINA: Same as Hit Points
SKILL: 5 + the average of (9 - Armour Class) and Attack Bonus
Damage: Determined by weapon used
Attacks: 1 unless particularly big or dangerous
Armour: Use the following equivalences:
9: none
8: Monster Light Armour
7: Leather Hauberk
6: Monster Medium Armour
5: Chainmail Hauberk
4: Monster Heavy Armour
3: Plate Armour
Interesting to see it was heading in such a similar direction.

STAMINA equals Hp gives you numbers that are too big like we were just taking about. SKILL I think you have to base on the D&D stat that decides chance to hit, which is HD. But we both had AC can affect SKILL, which in AFF is both offensive and defensive so that makes sense. Damage as weapon used only works for creatures using weapons of course so you need to cover natural attacks too. For armour I noticed that in the rulebook the OotP monsters only use monster armour. But Beyond the Pit uses normal armour types for creatures wearing armour and monster armour only where it's natural armour, which makes more sense to me.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am

Eye of the Serpent is still underway, mainly because I keep thinking of more ideas to add. Right now it's some stuff about surviving the mountain environment. I want there to be some challenges besides things to fight but keeping it simple.
Dupont
Adventurer

Postby Dupont » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:46 pm

SkinnyOrc wrote:Eye of the Serpent is still underway, mainly because I keep thinking of more ideas to add. Right now it's some stuff about surviving the mountain environment. I want there to be some challenges besides things to fight but keeping it simple.

I am really looking forward to this....
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Dupont wrote:
SkinnyOrc wrote:Eye of the Serpent is still underway, mainly because I keep thinking of more ideas to add. Right now it's some stuff about surviving the mountain environment. I want there to be some challenges besides things to fight but keeping it simple.

I am really looking forward to this....

Ditto
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”