Module Conversion

Robb 1
Knight

Re: Module Conversion

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:57 pm

I read the book first, must admit which spoiled the film as so much of what I remembered was missing. Would be intreagued to see the 3 hr version of it. Did you know the author also wrote several other sequals to the Keep? Sadly never got round to reading them and now cant remember what they were called. Think the series was named the adversaries or something like that.

Will put the module on my to do list of things that I'll never do :oops:
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sat May 13, 2017 3:51 am

:roll:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sat May 13, 2017 3:55 am

In case you don't know what to convert (and are particularly interested in Mauristatian / Ravenloftian themes) I'd like to point at this: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Library.html
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sat May 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Robb 1 wrote:I read the book first, must admit which spoiled the film as so much of what I remembered was missing. Would be intreagued to see the 3 hr version of it. Did you know the author also wrote several other sequals to the Keep? Sadly never got round to reading them and now cant remember what they were called. Think the series was named the adversaries or something like that.

Will put the module on my to do list of things that I'll never do :oops:

What's the name of the module, I searched for the keep D&D but could not find it :oops:
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:10 pm

What's the name of the module, I searched for the keep D&D but could not find it :oops:[/quote]

Will get info for you :)
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:47 pm

The Keep is an unofficial module by company called Role Aids but uses D and D stats it's for LVL 9 to 12 and gets away with it by saying suitable for all systems with a little red triangle saying compatable with D & D hope this helps you to find it :D
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:10 pm

Back to my random thoughts and ideas. Having just seen Iron Maiden and buying the book of Souls I noticed that the art work is very Mesoamerican based so it got me to thinking hidden valley up north nearish to my Norse setting in the high mountains think Island at the top of the world reversed with Vikings discovering an ancient civilisation Aztec Inca etc in a hidden valley. Think Shangri la, samarkand or She. ideal place for the hidden shrine of tamoachan and maybe the lost city. yet more to add to my growing list of round tooits. :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri May 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Robb 1 wrote:Back to my random thoughts and ideas. Having just seen Iron Maiden and buying the book of Souls I noticed that the art work is very Mesoamerican based so it got me to thinking hidden valley up north nearish to my Norse setting in the high mountains think Island at the top of the world reversed with Vikings discovering an ancient civilisation Aztec Inca etc in a hidden valley. Think Shangri la, samarkand or She. ideal place for the hidden shrine of tamoachan and maybe the lost city. yet more to add to my growing list of round tooits. :lol:

I love pre colonisation American history, Incan, Aztec or plains. I also love H Ryder Haggard, so 'She' or King Solomons Mines are just the bees knees. But what struck me when you mentioned the above, was the potential to tie in Nights Dark Terror into a similar kind of adventure. You could have that either as a replacement or as yet another wierd valley thats got hidden races from times long forgotten discovered at another point. Perhaps theres a whole region there of lost civilisations - the discussions about why there such a mix of Asian and European themes just to the south... Could there be an answer hidden in these Valleys of the lost races?
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:43 pm

I like this idea will look up nights dark terror think I have it somewhere cheers might rehash some of the WHFRP stuff I've posted here. Mountains of Madness revisited 2nd ed etc :lol:
Last edited by Robb 1 on Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Robb 1 wrote:I like this idea will look up nights dark terror think I have it somewhere cheers might rehash some of the WHFRP stuff I've posted her mountains of Madness revisited 2nd ed etc :lol:

Skinnyorc's conversion of it just seems to lend itself to this sort of idea based on what you said. Its also nice 'discovering' through adventures why things are the way they are in settings, like the asian/european style cultures thing.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Giants, MesoAmericans, multiple Ragnaroks, night horrors my pcs won't know what's hit them love it :D
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri May 19, 2017 7:28 pm

love it, brilliant. :D One day i wanna write up a King Solomons Mines, one day
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 pm

And to really mess their heads and which would also fit. Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, which could make one hell of a cross over adventure for AFF and Stellar Adventures when it's released ( hope this is soon. sadly I couldent afford to back it at the time so have to wait until general release before I can use it's futueristic goodies :cry: ) Would love to take part in a solomons mine adventure sounds fab. Admittedly I haven't read any H Ryder Haggard but have seen She And the Stewart Granger Solomon's mines and read the LXG graphic novels :lol:
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 am

Yep Expedition to the Barrier Peaks will give them a few surprises alright. Another one similar to that is DA3 City of the Gods.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:32 pm

SkinnyOrc wrote:Yep Expedition to the Barrier Peaks will give them a few surprises alright. Another one similar to that is DA3 City of the Gods.

Will have to Check that one out too so much to do so little time to do it in :roll: could use return to the temple of the frog too they did a D20 modern freebie of this :D

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”