Module Conversion

Nuvole!
Hero

Re: Module Conversion

Postby Nuvole! » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:16 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:What I remember about being a player in X3 many moons ago is that fighting Xanathon, finding you can't kill him and retreating in a panic, was the best bit!

I've been exactly in that spot as well! And I was left alone by the rest of the party on that occasion... :roll:

OK, you convinced me: leave the adaptation of The Curse of Xanathon to me! :idea: It may take months or years, but eventually I will do it! :P

Dupont wrote:I love Shaun of the Dead, actually anything Zombie Apocalypse

So you will love Ultima Forsan! Check it out ;)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:57 am

Dupont wrote:So what, if any are you thinking of doing next?
Well I'm going to enjoy reading them :) I've already got a queue of stuff to convert for now with the UK modules.

By the way, there's some really good free tools I use for working with PDFs. PDFill PDF Tools lets you split some pages out of a PDF into a new one, join PDFs together, rearrange pages in a PDF, create a PDF from images, extract images from a PDF, and lots of other stuff too:
http://www.plotsoft.com/download/PDFill.zip
When you install it you get a screen with three tick boxes. You only want the middle one, PDFill PDF Tools. You also need to install GhostScript, http://www.plotsoft.com/download/gs901w32.exe, although I think it'll automatically try to download that for you.

And this is great for creating and editing PDF bookmarks:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jpdfbookmarks/files/latest/download
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:27 am

Nuvole! wrote:
SkinnyOrc wrote:What I remember about being a player in X3 many moons ago is that fighting Xanathon, finding you can't kill him and retreating in a panic, was the best bit!

I've been exactly in that spot as well! And I was left alone by the rest of the party on that occasion... :roll:

OK, you convinced me: leave the adaptation of The Curse of Xanathon to me! :idea: It may take months or years, but eventually I will do it! :P

Is that a RPG?
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:28 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:
Dupont wrote:So what, if any are you thinking of doing next?
Well I'm going to enjoy reading them :) I've already got a queue of stuff to convert for now with the UK modules.

By the way, there's some really good free tools I use for working with PDFs. PDFill PDF Tools lets you split some pages out of a PDF into a new one, join PDFs together, rearrange pages in a PDF, create a PDF from images, extract images from a PDF, and lots of other stuff too:
http://www.plotsoft.com/download/PDFill.zip
When you install it you get a screen with three tick boxes. You only want the middle one, PDFill PDF Tools. You also need to install GhostScript, http://www.plotsoft.com/download/gs901w32.exe, although I think it'll automatically try to download that for you.

And this is great for creating and editing PDF bookmarks:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jpdfbookmarks/files/latest/download

Ah this looks amazingly useful thanks!
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Dupont wrote:
Nuvole! wrote:

Is that a RPG?

Yes.
Last edited by Nuvole! on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:22 am

yes I've read the dark is rising loved the Dark is rising story especially, as you said very atmospheric I remember feeling cold just reading it very Fumbulwinter (excuse spelling) Sadly the film is pretty rubbish.

Not sure if Ragnarok is coming or has occurred yet. Quite like the Idea that the pcs are part of bringing the new age about( see Runemarks by Joanna Harris for this idea.currently 're reading at moment it it's set 500 years after Ragnarok ) this might explain why a disguised Giant lives amongst humans as a Blacksmith, all type's come to him for equipment, weapons etc so he can pick up on rumours of bringers of a new age and omens there of too, and also why he has an odd mix of apprentices. As old one eye says in Runemarks there have been many beginnings and many endings this is but the latest one.

As a complete aside, another potential Zed spell going wrong could result in the events that occur in The MadCap laughs a3 part adventure WD did for Stormbringer/ Hawkmoon the main villain could be the Riddling Reaver or Loki :D.

The fun with the Zombie apocalypse we are currently playing as my group play themselves so no super powers or magic weapons to hide behind unless you count my own Medieval reenactment gear (very rusty but non magical as far as I know or my wife's startling ability to kill Zombies in the game with a Hand scythe from our garden shed and a big Toyota Hilux theft tends tomangle any zombie that gets in the way.

Another book in the system actually allows you to play through a Ragnarok scenario.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:21 am

ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution is a fantastic and huge steampunk campaign that I definitely think would have been better iif written for AFF2.
You can read why I say so in my review here: https://heroengine.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... #more-2684
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Robb 1 wrote:yes I've read the dark is rising loved the Dark is rising story especially, as you said very atmospheric I remember feeling cold just reading it very Fumbulwinter (excuse spelling) Sadly the film is pretty rubbish.

Not sure if Ragnarok is coming or has occurred yet. Quite like the Idea that the pcs are part of bringing the new age about( see Runemarks by Joanna Harris for this idea.currently 're reading at moment it it's set 500 years after Ragnarok ) this might explain why a disguised Giant lives amongst humans as a Blacksmith, all type's come to him for equipment, weapons etc so he can pick up on rumours of bringers of a new age and omens there of too, and also why he has an odd mix of apprentices. As old one eye says in Runemarks there have been many beginnings and many endings this is but the latest one.

As a complete aside, another potential Zed spell going wrong could result in the events that occur in The MadCap laughs a3 part adventure WD did for Stormbringer/ Hawkmoon the main villain could be the Riddling Reaver or Loki :D.

The fun with the Zombie apocalypse we are currently playing as my group play themselves so no super powers or magic weapons to hide behind unless you count my own Medieval reenactment gear (very rusty but non magical as far as I know or my wife's startling ability to kill Zombies in the game with a Hand scythe from our garden shed and a big Toyota Hilux theft tends tomangle any zombie that gets in the way.

Another book in the system actually allows you to play through a Ragnarok scenario.

I wonder if that pesky Giant is arming people for a purpose? I also think Robb should let us play in his campaign frankly, I want to stalk thru frozen landscapes with an iron sword at my side and a raven whispering to me! Mind you thats just real life goals.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 am

Robb 1 wrote:The ballad of times past which could also be the result of a failed Zed spell
Another adventure that'd be great for a ZED spell is CM6 Where Chaos Reigns. It's a TSR UK module where you went to different time periods stopping a techno-magical race from reshaping history to their own ends.

Dupont wrote:Xvarts... I never knew quite how to deal with them, they weren't goblins, they weren't I dunno, Pixies as far as I can remember they were just funny little Xvarty things
Ha yeah me neither but I remember the pic gave them really big heads!
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 am

Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 am

Robb 1 wrote:

yup thats the one :D

Well... I guess that in order to cast ZED again (with a hope of going back home...) you'll need to get some unhatched dragon egg powder as well... :mrgreen:
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:39 pm

Dupont wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:yes I've read the dark is rising loved the Dark is rising story especially, as you said very atmospheric I remember feeling cold just reading it very Fumbulwinter (excuse spelling) Sadly the film is pretty rubbish.

I wonder if that pesky Giant is arming people for a purpose? I also think Robb should let us play in his campaign frankly, I want to stalk thru frozen landscapes with an iron sword at my side and a raven whispering to me! Mind you thats just real life goals.

I have frozen Tundra (well moorland anyway) espescially after todays weather about 5 mins up the roadand a collection of six crows on my fireplace that could pass for Ravens at a push dose that help :D
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Just been delving in the depths of my mind and loft and remembered a module I got years ago based on THE Keep movie (it was a pretty c**p film but the Book Is excelent which got Pcs from standard D and D world and pitted the against Demi god Molasar/ Rasalom but it also involved time travel to Transylvania around the time of Vlad the ImpailerThen sent them into 2nd world war earthen the original book is set it all took place in the Keep itself well worth a look and ripe for conversion though I recommend reading the book over watching the film.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri May 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Robb 1 wrote:Just been delving in the depths of my mind and loft and remembered a module I got years ago based on THE Keep movie (it was a pretty c**p film but the Book Is excelent which got Pcs from standard D and D world and pitted the against Demi god Molasar/ Rasalom but it also involved time travel to Transylvania around the time of Vlad the ImpailerThen sent them into 2nd world war earthen the original book is set it all took place in the Keep itself well worth a look and ripe for conversion though I recommend reading the book over watching the film.

I like the film, pity the studio cut out so much, I would love to see the 3hr version :P

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”