Stellar Adventures

Lorian
Knight
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Lorian » Wed May 10, 2017 7:49 am

Rouge one is soooo good compared to the force awakens!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Ruffnut
Hero
Posts: 561
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Ruffnut » Wed May 10, 2017 7:56 am

Dupont wrote:
Ruffnut wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:I was shocked at how good it looked, I was thinking it was gonna be crap like the new star wars and Indy movie :lol:


Rouge one was the best Star Wars yet! Although if you mean The Force Awakens you are correct :lol:


Haven't seen Rogue One yet, Force Awakens was really disappointing for me


Same. Watch Rouge one IT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER. I wish all star wars we're like it.
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 pm

The music on that trailer really worked too, it was just like the original. I was really surprised they did that
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 am

Dupont wrote:The music on that trailer really worked too, it was just like the original. I was really surprised they did that

Even is the movie is bad, at least we know now that Deckard is not a replicant :lol:
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 am

shintokamikaze wrote:
Dupont wrote:The music on that trailer really worked too, it was just like the original. I was really surprised they did that

Even is the movie is bad, at least we know now that Deckard is not a replicant :lol:


How do you know?
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Dupont wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:
Dupont wrote:The music on that trailer really worked too, it was just like the original. I was really surprised they did that

Even is the movie is bad, at least we know now that Deckard is not a replicant :lol:


How do you know?

They don't age, and they only have a five year life span, because after that they go insane.
Robb 1
Knight
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Robb 1 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Dupont wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:
Dupont wrote:The music on that trailer really worked too, it was just like the original. I was really surprised they did that

Even is the movie is bad, at least we know now that Deckard is not a replicant :lol:


How do you know?


was it ever proven deckard was a replicant or not? I sense a conspiracy theory here. mind you the unicorn folding bloke turned up in
miami vice '''''hmmm :D
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Thu May 11, 2017 5:19 pm

I think there is enough doubt to still have Deckard as some kind of replicant. I think they are playing on doubt for sure even now? Either way I am glad, I kind of hope they end up leaving more unanswered than answered if you know what I mean? As long as it isn't unpleasant.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Robb 1
Knight
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Robb 1 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:47 pm

If Deckard were a replicant why give him normal human strength etc especially if he was designed to hunt the very tough and strong Roy Batty types? It would make sense to me to give him equal powers strength as the Replicants he hunts or is there something I'm missing :oops: Must admit I never even considered Rick to be a replicant when I watched the film when it was originally released and still doubted he was one in the video special edition which came out several years later maybe I'm just being thick :oops: :lol:
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Fri May 12, 2017 9:22 am

Robb 1 wrote:If Deckard were a replicant why give him normal human strength etc especially if he was designed to hunt the very tough and strong Roy Batty types? It would make sense to me to give him equal powers strength as the Replicants he hunts or is there something I'm missing :oops: Must admit I never even considered Rick to be a replicant when I watched the film when it was originally released and still doubted he was one in the video special edition which came out several years later maybe I'm just being thick :oops: :lol:


It never crossed my mind either on release. But then the directors cut etc all started and it whipped up this whole storm. Maybe he is stronger? Maybe he can take the punishment dealt out by batty? Or maybe they made him to be more invisible among humans and replicants? I kind of feel anything along those lines might be retro fit though.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
shintokamikaze
Knight
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri May 12, 2017 9:38 am

Robb 1 wrote:If Deckard were a replicant why give him normal human strength etc especially if he was designed to hunt the very tough and strong Roy Batty types? It would make sense to me to give him equal powers strength as the Replicants he hunts or is there something I'm missing :oops: Must admit I never even considered Rick to be a replicant when I watched the film when it was originally released and still doubted he was one in the video special edition which came out several years later maybe I'm just being thick :oops: :lol:

The unicorn dream scene was what sold most people, it was only in later versions, the cop made a little foil unicorn, so he knew Ricks dream. and what he said to him at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l56HQub0kkE
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Fri May 12, 2017 10:20 am

shintokamikaze wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:If Deckard were a replicant why give him normal human strength etc especially if he was designed to hunt the very tough and strong Roy Batty types? It would make sense to me to give him equal powers strength as the Replicants he hunts or is there something I'm missing :oops: Must admit I never even considered Rick to be a replicant when I watched the film when it was originally released and still doubted he was one in the video special edition which came out several years later maybe I'm just being thick :oops: :lol:

The unicorn dream scene was what sold most people, it was only in later versions, the cop made a little foil unicorn, so he knew Ricks dream. and what he said to him at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l56HQub0kkE



I think the real issue thugh, for me, is which works best? The original mood of ambiguity and human flaws. Or Deckard being a replicant? The idea of a human being used to hunt these tougher combat replicants was always so good. He was battered by the end but he clung on. The fact they were trying to live made it tug at the heart strings a bit so they weren't straight bad guys. In fact the bad guys were really the guys running the show. I like the doubt and I hope we dont lose that in the sequel! I like the philosophical elements of Deckard and Batty - The bit with Deckard talking about his maker works better if he is talking about God imo.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Robb 1
Knight
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 12, 2017 1:17 pm

I think the real issue thugh, for me, is which works best? The original mood of ambiguity and human flaws. Or Deckard being a replicant? The idea of a human being used to hunt these tougher combat replicants was always so good. He was battered by the end but he clung on. The fact they were trying to live made it tug at the heart strings a bit so they weren't straight bad guys. In fact the bad guys were really the guys running the show. I like the doubt and I hope we dont lose that in the sequel! I like the philosophical elements of Deckard and Batty - The bit with Deckard talking about his maker works better if he is talking about God imo.[/quote]

ambiguity wins every time for me too it obviously works as we are debating the subject 30odd years later after its release. Thats good film making. just to add another theory I always reconed the cop was a replicant as one of their traits is they constantly fiddle and he was always doing origami or chewing on a tooth pick if I remember correctly
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Fri May 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Robb 1 wrote:ambiguity wins every time for me too it obviously works as we are debating the subject 30odd years later after its release. Thats good film making. just to add another theory I always reconed the cop was a replicant as one of their traits is they constantly fiddle and he was always doing origami or chewing on a tooth pick if I remember correctly



Yeah and its funny seeing as it wasnt a big hit at the time.

There is that as a possibility, and I love that too. Thats the thing, Deckard could be, they might have had to pull out all the stops to get Batty's team, Gaff was it? Yeah he could be too, the humanity of them all is really highlighted in such a horrid looking world ( you can tell I'm a country bumpkin at heart)
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Dupont
Knight
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:08 pm
Location: Wandering the Berkshire Downs

Re: Stellar Adventures

Postby Dupont » Fri May 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Dupont wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:ambiguity wins every time for me too it obviously works as we are debating the subject 30odd years later after its release. Thats good film making. just to add another theory I always reconed the cop was a replicant as one of their traits is they constantly fiddle and he was always doing origami or chewing on a tooth pick if I remember correctly



Yeah and its funny seeing as it wasnt a big hit at the time.

There is that as a possibility, and I love that too. Thats the thing, Deckard could be, they might have had to pull out all the stops to get Batty's team, Gaff was it? Yeah he could be too, the humanity of them all is really highlighted in such a horrid looking world ( you can tell I'm a country bumpkin at heart)



Edit - And theres a 'Knowing' quality about so many of the characters, like Deckard and us don't know half of what they do, that is clever as you say
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests