Monks

Nuvole!
Hero

Re: Monks

Postby Nuvole! » Fri May 19, 2017 1:21 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:Just a thought could Chiang mai etc be similar to the Asian Steppsor decendants of the equvalent of something similar to Genghis Khan and the Mongol hordes who settled there after they had spread destruction etc? :shock: V
That would work pretty well to explain why they're there. Only thing is where would they invade from? Seems like there's plenty of room in the eastern part of the Allansian continent to fit an oriental region but of course it'd be a kind of large addition to the world of Titan. The reason I thought refugees is it seems more likely that'd work with them coming from the known oriental regions on and around the south east part of Khul. If they sailed north east from there you get to NW Allansia, although it's still a hell of a long way!

In my continuity they come from the sunken continent of Vangoria, between Allansia and the Old World 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Nuvole! wrote:
SkinnyOrc wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:Just a thought could Chiang mai etc be similar to the Asian Steppsor decendants of the equvalent of something similar to Genghis Khan and the Mongol hordes who settled there after they had spread destruction etc? :shock: V
That would work pretty well to explain why they're there. Only thing is where would they invade from? Seems like there's plenty of room in the eastern part of the Allansian continent to fit an oriental region but of course it'd be a kind of large addition to the world of Titan. The reason I thought refugees is it seems more likely that'd work with them coming from the known oriental regions on and around the south east part of Khul. If they sailed north east from there you get to NW Allansia, although it's still a hell of a long way!

In my continuity they come from the sunken continent of Vangoria, between Allansia and the Old World 8)

Sounds good to me 8)
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sat May 20, 2017 7:24 am

Yeah there's always a way to make things work if you want to :)

shintokamikaze wrote:Lol that's what happens when you have lots of people in the 80s making it up as they go along you get crazy off the wall cannon :lol:
This is why it's a bit square peg round hole for sure. Ian Livingstone was writing Deathtrap Dungeon, had a holiday in Thailand and decided to change the intro a bit, and there you go. It was before Hachiman, the Isles of the Dawn or even Khul, were thought of.

I probably take this trying to rationalise everything and making things consistent a bit far. But I guess what I want is a world that seems believable, the mythology elements like magic and monsters already accepted. What I find though is asking questions about why this is like it is or how this fits with that leads to all sorts of extra detail you can use.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sat May 20, 2017 2:57 pm

SkinnyOrc wrote:Yeah there's always a way to make things work if you want to :)

shintokamikaze wrote:Lol that's what happens when you have lots of people in the 80s making it up as they go along you get crazy off the wall cannon :lol:
This is why it's a bit square peg round hole for sure. Ian Livingstone was writing Deathtrap Dungeon, had a holiday in Thailand and decided to change the intro a bit, and there you go. It was before Hachiman, the Isles of the Dawn or even Khul, were thought of.

I probably take this trying to rationalise everything and making things consistent a bit far. But I guess what I want is a world that seems believable, the mythology elements like magic and monsters already accepted. What I find though is asking questions about why this is like it is or how this fits with that leads to all sorts of extra detail you can use.

Yep, you just have to make it what seems right for your games, I wan't to do some games set in Hachiman, it's almost a blank slate to work with, I think the place is in total isolation, so you could have it that some dark force is bringing firepowder into the area for the first time and some kind of civil war is starting. Zombies and Ninjas, what more could you ask for :lol:

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”