Whats everyone playing at them moment?

Eddie

Re: Whats everyone playing at them moment?

Postby Eddie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:02 pm

not playing RPG's right now, sadly.
technically got an ongoing DND 4E rules system game playing in the WFRP world, but not played a session in over a year on that

(player has new GF, she is interested in playing, I think DM is less keen on idea and for this reason game isn't happening now. could be wrong)

I've written up an area of adventure for AFF as I like the idea of the rule system for a sandbox style game: lots of plot hooks, history of the area, alliances for players to unveil and discover etc.

also have written up 4 adventures for it to a lesser or greater degree which are each linked to the others but that has petered out: my intention was to write a load of them up so I had material to play when I get a group going, but without the pressure of a deadline this isn't happening.

playing a lot of board games instead right now: ghost busters, Legendary Encounters: Aliens and Fire fly and some Dead of Winter.
also a fortnightly Warhammer quest game, the original, not the card based one or the more recent re-release which is nothing like the original.
they're not roleplay games, but they are co-op against the board so similar in a way...

been tempted to shout out to my local role players to start a group but am pressed for time with other life stuff going on so have just not done it yet...

should get round to it really!

also been working in my head on a conversion of the Malazan books of the fallen to an AFF setting game, it is a complex world plot, but I think AFF rules system could simplify it, just struggling on making warrens work...
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Eddie wrote: I've written up an area of adventure for AFF as I like the idea of the rule system for a sandbox style game: lots of plot hooks, history of the area, alliances for players to unveil and discover etc.

also have written up 4 adventures for it to a lesser or greater degree which are each linked to the others

how about sharing that stuff?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Eddie

Postby Eddie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am

I will work out how to do google docs at some point.

at the moment i'm struggling with two things:
1 maps, just the doing them in a way that can be uploaded
2 the fact that I write up roughly 75% but leave the rest "to be confirmed" in case odd things happen in character gen.
if everyone decides to play a spell caster or nobody does it can change things and I like it to be adjustable for things like that.

one of the dungeons I generated purely randomly and ended up with giant rats, 3 crypt stalkers, 2 groups of skeletal warriors and 1 group of zombies.

so 3 encounters which cannot be destroyed without magic...
(I have a work around for those crypt stalkers as they don't have to be killed and can be avoided, so long as nobody goes all Leroy Jenkins on them!)
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:15 am

Eddie wrote:I will work out how to do google docs at some point.

at the moment i'm struggling with two things:
1 maps, just the doing them in a way that can be uploaded
2 the fact that I write up roughly 75% but leave the rest "to be confirmed" in case odd things happen in character gen.
if everyone decides to play a spell caster or nobody does it can change things and I like it to be adjustable for things like that.

one of the dungeons I generated purely randomly and ended up with giant rats, 3 crypt stalkers, 2 groups of skeletal warriors and 1 group of zombies.

so 3 encounters which cannot be destroyed without magic...
(I have a work around for those crypt stalkers as they don't have to be killed and can be avoided, so long as nobody goes all Leroy Jenkins on them!)

LEEEEEEEROY JENKINS!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Busy working on maps for Gersidi on roll 20 :roll:
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:08 am

Working on some loose plot SA adventures
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 pm

still Zombie apocalypse for me not gamed in ages. Ideas forming for SA mad max style adventure and the Norse stuff still bubbling under surface
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:16 pm

I am really liking the Bladerunner trailers, it is crying out to be gamed in
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:46 am

I'm enjoying the Ultima Forsan setting using AFF ruleset (with house rules) instead of Savage Worlds ruleset - insofar it works.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:21 pm

I quite fancy this too, set in recognisable parts of the English midlands with what looks like quite a distorted fantasy take on it. Makes me think a bit of Harry Potter at its darkest with some weird quasi realworld/historic twists dipped in a large dose of weird green stuff. I am actually tempted to back it, which would be a first for me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/60 ... 9%EF%BB%BF

I reckon AFF could run this no problem too as its not really for any specific system as such
Andy Bartlett

Postby Andy Bartlett » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 pm

1/ Midderlands does look fantastic.

2/ Currently 2 (or is it 3?) sessions into running The Warlock of Firetop Mountain. The PCs aren't going to be able to defeat the Warlock - there's only two of them and they're low on supplies, having opted to chop their way through every Orc in the 'barracks' - but they ought be able to 'rescue' the Dwarfs.

3/ Next I hope to run a game of Stellar Adventures set in a roughly 'Rogue Trader' (1987) universe. Might even use the random roll scenarios in the back of that book.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah I hope Midderlands makes it, I would really like to give it a go but theres just over a week and I'm not sure it will. I was just looking at the Yellow King by Robin D Laws and its so far past its goal its fantastic, I just doubt I would ever get to play it if I backed it ( But I would love to as it looks really innovative and a lot of fun).

As ever I would be keen to hear feedback from Firetop runs, how different GMs run it and the like, hope you let us know how it goes. The same goes for Rogue Trader which sounds very interesting.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”