Whats everyone playing at them moment?

Dupont
Knight

Re: Whats everyone playing at them moment?

Postby Dupont » Sun May 14, 2017 10:54 pm

Robb 1 wrote:
Dupont wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:For my group its currently The End Of the World Zombie apocalypse byFantasy Flight games where the pcs play versions of themselves warts and all no special skills and no super powers either and no guns or magical weapons we manage to game about once a month. Next up is AFF Norse when I write it up, also on my list of things to do when I get time which I never seem to have these days :cry:

Fortunately the ideas are whizzing round in my head just not on paper yet :lol:

You better post vids or writeups of that Norse stuff!!

Will try to post write ups when we start wouldn't know how to vid and up load not that tech savvy same thing with loading publicly on Google etc bit of a ludite realy :oops: . Plus don't think any one would want to see my ugly mug leering at them on vid the rest of the group ain't so pretty either except my better half mind you she could out scheme us all :D :lol: :lol:

Haha brilliant, well writeups or voice recordings would do just fine :P

I'm proud of being a Luddite, I am pleased to say I was shouting at my stupid new phone earlier today for asking for yet another password!
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Mon May 15, 2017 7:15 am

Currently me and ruffnut take turns GMing our group.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Lorian wrote:Currently me and ruffnut take turns GMing our group.

Sadly I'm the only one who GMs so never get to play a Pc who dosent act as a deus ex machina when the party is stuck I do have some nice characters ipc for my self though or will do when i get the norse stuff started theres Ulvarg the wolf brother and shadersvard the shadow sword to tag along :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue May 16, 2017 12:00 am

Lorian wrote:Currently me and ruffnut take turns GMing our group.

Its really good hearing what everyone is up to..

Shinto has joined my group ( poor guy doesnt know what he is in for ) and we are gonna take it in turns to GM, really pleased too!
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Tue May 16, 2017 10:05 am

I haven't had a game going since my son was born, and before that it was online over IRC playing and running. No round the table since moving from London to Sydney. But the plus side is I can actually finish writing stuff now (eventually). Before I could barely keep up with preparing for sessions and just ended up with loads of notes.

Dupont wrote:I'm proud of being a Luddite, I am pleased to say I was shouting at my stupid new phone earlier today for asking for yet another password!
I'm not convinced the phone even counts for ludditeness, I work in IT and regularly yell at my phone. Mind you I'm also the only person I know who's never been on Facebook...
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue May 16, 2017 11:49 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:I haven't had a game going since my son was born, and before that it was online over IRC playing and running. No round the table since moving from London to Sydney. But the plus side is I can actually finish writing stuff now (eventually). Before I could barely keep up with preparing for sessions and just ended up with loads of notes.

Dupont wrote:I'm proud of being a Luddite, I am pleased to say I was shouting at my stupid new phone earlier today for asking for yet another password!
I'm not convinced the phone even counts for ludditness, I work in IT and regularly yell at my phone! Mind you I'm also the only person I know who's never been on Facebook...

Is facebook like Friendface from the IT Crowd? :lol:

So theres a lot of us not playing, will you get a group together at some point do you think? It would be great to see feedback from you over your own conversions!
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Tue May 16, 2017 3:10 pm

I'd like to think so but it wouldn't be easy. Thing is the time zone here's awkward for online games. I could do a UK game or a US one but there isn't a time that works for here, UK and US. So my old IRC game was mostly US players, me and another in Aus and one in NZ. But for the games I like a UK group would probably be better. In person would be great but finding local players willing to try something other than D&D is also difficult.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 am

SkinnyOrc wrote: Mind you I'm also the only person I know who's never been on Facebook...

You are not alone! :mrgreen:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:48 pm

I
Nuvole! wrote:
SkinnyOrc wrote: Mind you I'm also the only person I know who's never been on Facebook...

You are not alone! :mrgreen:

I tried it for a bit but got fed up of all the notifications of what people I didn't know or people logging every thing they did AHHG :evil: now switched off any links with it so I proudly remain a face book ludite.

I know lots of people who love it and use it which is great but it's not for me :|
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:53 am

AFF2 (actually, Stellar Adventures preview): I run Into the Doors of Erix, a Fighting Fantasy sci-fi adventure set in the far future of Titan, half way through Lovecraft and Stanley Kubrik, but I struggled a lot to find players and I didn't run / playtest it as much as I hoped. Happens.

Savage Worlds (Ultima Forsan, setting based on a Reinassance time zombi apocalypse): I recently finished to run Last came the Crow, a long sandbox adventure based near Venice. You can find the adventure module wrapped up here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxyf0 ... Ewwb1F0WWs) but it is in Italian.

Alternity (Blackmoor): I'm playing (PbP) The Throne of Stars, a "last days of Blackmoor" fantasy-sci-fi adventure - very nice, but the pace is way too slow. You can find the website here: http://blackmoor.mystara.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=66

Now I'm taking a break from running adventures, preparing new material. I'm also slowly translating Life on Barsoom in Italian.
Last edited by Nuvole! on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:04 am

Robb 1 wrote:Next up is AFF Norse when I write it up, also on my list of things to do when I get time which I never seem to have these days :cry:

I suggest you have a look at this:
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... t-one.html
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... t-two.html
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... three.html
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... -four.html

It could be a good one-off Scandinavian-type adventure to run as a ZED scenario. 8)
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Nuvole! wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:Next up is AFF Norse when I write it up, also on my list of things to do when I get time which I never seem to have these days :cry:

I suggest you have a look at this:
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... t-one.html
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... t-two.html
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... three.html
http://fabledlands.blogspot.mx/2012/12/ ... -four.html

It could be a good one-off Scandinavian-type adventure to run as a ZED scenario. 8)

got this one I agree would be good on a Zed gone wrong think I mentioned it in another post could work very well
As would The Key to Tirandor .

Still Zombie apocalypse at the mo but the Norse stuff is quietly simmering in the recesses of my brain been working on ideas for the death runes for the rune magic stuff rabidly scribbling notes. 8)
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I remember the old Mystara Gazetteer of the Northern Reaches had quite an interesting system for rune magic in a Viking-like setting.
Robb 1
Adventurer

Postby Robb 1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Nuvole! wrote:I remember the old Mystara Gazetteer of the Northern Reaches had quite an interesting system for rune magic in a Viking-like setting.

Been using that, also done most of the Warhammer FRP/Battle Runes. Just got the death runes to tweak

So far Minor Death Rune slays on type of creature Or being from OOTP or GBP to create it must be engraved the weapon and quenched in the blood of 10 beings of that race Luck roll to avoid instant death crit hit by passes any armour death instantaneous rareish

Lesser death rune any being of a particular type e.g. elven, goblinoid human etc to create engraved in weapon and quenched in the blood of 10 sub races of that type e.g. wood elf dark elf black elf etc as above

greater death rune can only be created by a bargain wthdeath it self and the price will be very high gm discretion Extreemly rare to the point of legendary no known to exist slays any creature it wound no luck save.

reading up on other Nordic runes at the moment.
Ruffnut
Knight

Postby Ruffnut » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Robb 1 wrote:
Nuvole! wrote:I remember the old Mystara Gazetteer of the Northern Reaches had quite an interesting system for rune magic in a Viking-like setting.

Been using that, also done most of the Warhammer FRP/Battle Runes. Just got the death runes to tweak

So far Minor Death Rune slays on type of creature Or being from OOTP or GBP to create it must be engraved the weapon and quenched in the blood of 10 beings of that race Luck roll to avoid instant death crit hit by passes any armour death instantaneous rareish

Lesser death rune any being of a particular type e.g. elven, goblinoid human etc to create engraved in weapon and quenched in the blood of 10 sub races of that type e.g. wood elf dark elf black elf etc as above

greater death rune can only be created by a bargain wthdeath it self and the price will be very high gm discretion Extreemly rare to the point of legendary no known to exist slays any creature it wound no luck save.

reading up on other Nordic (this is spam added by ruffnut) runes at the moment.

Cool!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”