Stellar Adventures Errata Thread

Jay_NOLA

Stellar Adventures Errata Thread

Postby Jay_NOLA » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:41 pm

Figured we needed a thread to compile all of the errors in the book. I noticed these 2 last night.

pg. 5 Acknowlegements has ???

pg.6 Index and Backers have no page number given
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Re: Stellar Adventures Errata Thread

Postby Slloyd14 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:49 pm

PAge 88 and 90 have the same picture (maybe that's not a mistake - it's so good it's in twice)
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:56 am

It's a bit odd having the chapters on Vehicles, Starships and Vehicular Combat being 6a, 6b, 6c. Believe this was just the result of how the chapters were written. Either the chapters should all be renumbered so those are 6, 7, 8, or chapter 6 should be called something that covers all of it and they're sections inside that.

Also Vehicular Combat sort of suggests it only applies to Vehicles and not Starships. So either that could be renamed Vehicle & Starship Combat, or Vehicles could be renamed Planetary Vehicles.
Last edited by SkinnyOrc on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:52 am

Still reading it!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:27 pm

I sent Graham my list of errata... now I'm looking forward for the paper copy, that I guess will be printed after reviewing all the typos.... 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Pg. 15 Money And Starting Equipment - Some skill give the same starting equipment as others. The rules don't indicate if a character has 2 skills that give the same item if the character gets the item again (having two of them) or if the item can only get one of the item.

pgs. 10-11 Science skill - A starting character gets 3 science specializations when this skill is taken. the specializations are at the same level the skill is taken. This are basically 3 skills as they are treated as separate skills latter one. A character can take science multiple times at start to get other specializations at the start of a game. They are at a level equal to the science skill. It isn't clear if this is a at level 1 or 2 or higher in the case of aliens if A character used for say a skill at 2 selection to get science once and skill at 1 to get the other specializations, etc.
Last edited by Jay_NOLA on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordArioch

Postby LordArioch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:15 am

Creating a scientist character from a university world for an
adventure set almost exclusively on war-torn planet where
only soldiers are needed might not work so well!

Creating a scientist character from a university world for an
adventure set almost exclusively on a war-torn planet where
only soldiers are needed might not work so well!
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 pm

These are more things that I noticed last night.

pg. 15 Money and Starting Equipment - Some of the equipment for some skills has several versions available, such as several types of pistols. It ought to be noted that certain may not be available depending on the setting. Additionally some versions are more expensive than others and a charter could sell the item, buy a cheaper type of item for that skill and use the left over money for other equipment during character creation, so a Gm ought to be aware of this or put a restriction on selling certain items

p90-93. - Alien Characters - If your making a character from a race that has points left over these things ought to be keep in mind.
A limit on Attributes that points can go into could be set. Certain Talents may not be purchased. A GM could set some restrictions on how the points must be spent. Example a GM may say player must by a standard Chapter 2 talent (a 2 point or 4 point one) and any remaining points can only be used to raise attributes for a certain race. A GM could also have other things regarding the creation of certain aliens. Example if an alien race's members all have Natural Psionics the reduced 2 point version a list of certain specific psi power one could have may not be the same for each alien of the race and only certain ones could be taken. A GM could also set up letting an option that extra developments points could be used to change the Natural Psionincs 2 point version to the 6 point one by spending available development if a character has any to spend for that race.
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

If you use the alien creation rules to make a default human some problems occur. A default Human would need 19 points to be made but only 18 are available for the creation of an aliens. (It looks like the +1 LUCK that humans get is the problem.). Additionally the standard Talent the character gets would cost 2 or 4 points. If a 2 points one was the left over points could have been applied to attributes or skills.
LordArioch

Postby LordArioch » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:04 am

What could be better than blasting through space at a million miles an hour, atop an big metal bullet packed propelled by enough energy to destroy a city?

A not an.
Either packed or propelled should be dropped.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:28 am

Some typos

On page 62, a large starship has 2116 - 100 crew. I expect it should say 16-100 crew.

Page 98 under Ligsid, it says they have a desire to long. I expect it means a desire to belong.

On page 101, after 2x value in the simplified trading rules, there is a random square bracket.

In the trading chapter, there is reference to the Haggle special skill. I expect it should say Bargain. Haggle is on page 101 once and on page 102 three times.

The example on page 102 says that the step for medicines is 100 when it should be 50.

On page 104, under water, it says that it is "...taken for granted on inhabitable planets" I expect it should mean habitable.

Learned increases knowledge rolls, but the skills in this book are not separated into categories. What makes it more confusing is that Technical genius gives a bonus to technical rolls and science is included under them. I assume science is a knowledge skill, engineering is a technical one and I'm not sure what medicine should be.

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:01 pm

On page 14, the tail mutation does damage as a morningstar, but that is not listed as a weapon in the book.

Draconian

Postby Draconian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 pm

On page 18, Chapter Two, "Double 6's and Double 1's", it describes a Double 6 roll in detail but totally omits text for what a Double 1 will do. I imagine it is an automatic success, with a benefit. If the modifiers bring things to 2 or below, I imagine it's a plain success with no particular benefit.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”