Port of Peril

Robb 1
Knight

Port of Peril

Postby Robb 1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Just got my copy of port of Peril looks good has a nice brief description of Chalice and lots of references to the early FF books looking forward to playing it :D
shintokamikaze
Knight

Re: Port of Peril

Postby shintokamikaze » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 pm

How is the inside art?
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Cool
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:How is the inside art?

It's by some one called Vlado Krizan similar to the cover art in appearance it's different to the original FF illustrations some will like it some wont but maps are by Mr Nibbs.

Don't know if the other new (rereleases for us old timers) books have the original art work as not bought or looked at them will check if i get a chance and let you know

Initial impression of the story from the intro looks very promising though. :D a classic Allansian romp unlike Blood of the Zombies which I must admit I quite enjoyed but give me Skill Stamina Luck a Sword, 10 provisions and a Sk,St, or luck potion any day
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:52 am

Robb 1 wrote:

It's by some one called Vlado Krizan similar to the cover art in appearance it's different to the original FF illustrations some will like it some wont but maps are by Mr Nibbs.

Don't know if the other new (rereleases for us old timers) books have the original art work as not bought or looked at them will check if i get a chance and let you know

Initial impression of the story from the intro looks very promising though. :D a classic Allansian romp unlike Blood of the Zombies which I must admit I quite enjoyed but give me Skill Stamina Luck a Sword, 10 provisions and a Sk,St, or luck potion any day

Nice, I think all books have new art inside, I will order them all soon
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:18 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:

I found port of peril in my local bookshop today, I had a flick through it and saw the new art, it is sooooo bad I passed on it, pity they got a seven year old with photoshop to do the art, damn shame :lol:
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:

I found port of peril in my local bookshop today, I had a flick through it and saw the new art, it is sooooo bad I passed on it, pity they got a seven year old with photoshop to do the art, damn shame :lol:

Best to forget the art and enjoy the adventure I recon. must admit not started it yet but but what I read was pretty good theres some old friends and enemies to meet espcially the main villain of the piece. :lol: not seen the other reprints or artwork yet as not too worried about getting them as already have 1st ed copies of them.( Sometimes being an old git has its advantages)you could always console your self with the A FF2 Minis :lol: they are quite nice. 8)
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Robb 1 wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:

Best to forget the art and enjoy the adventure I recon. must admit not started it yet but but what I read was pretty good theres some old friends and enemies to meet espcially the main villain of the piece. :lol: not seen the other reprints or artwork yet as not too worried about getting them as already have 1st ed copies of them.( Sometimes being an old git has its advantages)you could always console your self with the A FF2 Minis :lol: they are quite nice. 8)

The art was always such an intrinsic part of the atmosphere and draw ( excuse the pun) for me... I will check it out but I am now worried... :(
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 am

Dupont wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:I found port of peril in my local bookshop today, I had a flick through it and saw the new art, it is sooooo bad I passed on it, pity they got a seven year old with photoshop to do the art, damn shame :lol:

The art was always such an intrinsic part of the atmosphere and draw ( excuse the pun) for me... I will check it out but I am now worried... :(

Same...
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:38 am

Dupont wrote:The art was always such an intrinsic part of the atmosphere
Especially with the earlier books in the series the art really was excellent and like you say added so much to the experience. I Never understood why they feel the art needs changing for new editions. But I have ordered a copy of Port of Peril with it being a new one and if necessary will just pretend not to see the art :)
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:43 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:
Especially with the earlier books in the series the art really was excellent and like you say added so much to the experience. I Never understood why they feel the art needs changing for new editions. But I have ordered a copy of Port of Peril with it being a new one and if necessary will just pretend not to see the art :)

Same :cry:
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:10 am

Lorian wrote:
SkinnyOrc wrote:

Same :cry:

Same same
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:51 pm

Dupont wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:
shintokamikaze wrote:I found port of peril in my local bookshop today, I had a flick through it and saw the new art, it is sooooo bad I passed on it, pity they got a seven year old with photoshop to do the art, damn shame :lol:

The art looks like it was done in colour with some art program them printed in black and white, it's very bad, don't know why it was not hand drawn.
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:10 pm

I have a batch of all 6 releases so far arriving monday or tuesday, which will then go into the webstore.

I have heard comments that the original art has not been reproduced, which is a shame.
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:20 pm

My copy finished making it's way down under today. I'd say the art is more unsuitable than bad, it's very cartoony. But I'm still hoping it really is written by Ian and he had time to give us another like the classics.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”