What to see in new books

Brian 46

What to see in new books

Postby Brian 46 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 am

I just got the advanced fighting fantasy RPG and I love it, I know there is several new books planned, I would like to know what kind of book that others would like to see. Stellar adventures, what kind of book would you like to see come out with. I would like to see monster books, and equipment books, and adventures. For the fantasy games I know there's a beyond the pit 2 coming out I would like to also see a 3 and 4. Also a book of magical items. Please let me know what your thoughts are. Thank you!!!
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Re: What to see in new books

Postby SkinnyOrc » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:12 am

Welcome to the forums!

I reckon a book that put together the magical items from all the FF gamebooks would be a great idea. The Pit books did that with creatures, and now the Titan Herbal with plants! There's actually a lot of the magic items from the books written up here already so that'd be a good start.
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:21 am

Me and Lorian are still slowly writing the Titan prayer book, a guide to gods.
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:34 am

Ruffnut wrote:Me and Lorian are still slowly writing the Titan prayer book, a guide to gods.

Looking forward to that.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:35 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:Welcome to the forums!

I reckon a book that put together the magical items from all the FF gamebooks would be a great idea. The Pit books did that with creatures, and now the Titan Herbal with plants! There's actually a lot of the magic items from the books written up here already so that'd be a good start.

I would be up for that.

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:20 am

I think a titan 2 book or gazetteers for some areas would be good, I would love to write one for Hachemon, it would be great to run games in that setting
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am

I made a start on changing the stats of the AFF1 characters here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=626&p=3785&hilit=sargon#p3785

I think I went overboard on Sargon though. In retrospect, 6 talents is a bit much and most of his skills are irrelevant. Graham's philosphy is not to include skills that will not have bearing on the game. Also I will use the rule that skills have to be half the skill or magic value of the character.

SARGON SKILL 7 STAMINA 15 MAGIC 12 Magic Points 34

Special Skills: Magic – Priestly 6, Magic – Wizardry 5, Magic – Battle Magic 4, Magic – Minor 4, Magic – Enchanting 3, Magic – Conjuring 5, Staves 3

Talents: Natural Mage, Blessed, Holy.

Wizardry Spells: All Wizardry Spells.

Minor Spells: Attraction, Burn, Enhance, Hear, Hold, Honesty, Inebriate, Instil, Jab, Mistake, Pucker, Push.

Battle Spells: Blast, Protection, Fear, Bog.

ELIM
Special Power: Once per day, a priest of Elim can make an area completely dark. This works as a Darkness Spell for everyone except devout followers of Elim (priests of Elim or those who have taken the Templar Talent to follow Elim). It cannot be cancelled with any kind of light and covers an area 5m2. Once per round, anyone who is not a devout follower of Elim will lose 1 stamina point due to the life draining nature of the darkness. This darkness lasts a number of rounds equal to the devotion of the priest.

Other powers: Ill-Luck, Weakness, Curse

Social Scale: 8

Weapon: Staff

Armour: None[/quote]

dcpchamber

Postby dcpchamber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Ruffnut wrote:Me and Lorian are still slowly writing the Titan prayer book, a guide to gods.

Wow, I'd definitely back this up on a kickstarter campaign!
dcpchamber

Postby dcpchamber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:17 pm

SkinnyOrc wrote:Welcome to the forums!

A book on magical items would be great, it would be a great addition to the series.
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Yeah!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
dcpchamber

Postby dcpchamber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Well, in addition to the books that are being written (titan 2/gazeteers and the Just Another Pit), I would really like to see adventures based on the solo books. I really liked the Warlock of the Firetop Mountain and Crown of Kings adaptations, and would definetely buy others. Imagine an adaptation of Creature of Havoc with 4-5 hero-monsters? :lol:
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:24 pm

dcpchamber wrote:Well, in addition to the books that are being written (titan 2/gazeteers and the Just Another Pit), I would really like to see adventures based on the solo books. I really liked the Warlock of the Firetop Mountain and Crown of Kings adaptations, and would definetely buy others. Imagine an adaptation of Creature of Havoc with 4-5 hero-monsters? :lol:

Here is it's title: "a few but no more than 6 creatures of havoc!)
:lol:
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
dcpchamber

Postby dcpchamber » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:27 pm

hahahaha, nice one!!!
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:29 pm

:lol:
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Now I'd like to see more adventures and gazetteers. 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”