Stellar adventures idea - King Arthur Vs the Nazis

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Stellar adventures idea - King Arthur Vs the Nazis

Postby Slloyd14 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:27 pm

I just had a thought about King Arthur. Legend states that him and his knights and Merlin were left to sleep in a cave until the time of England's greatest need.

The obvious time for this is World War II. Apparently (according to some conspiracy theories) the Nazis were into their occult stuff and had a castle built for rituals.

How about a scenario where king Arthur and his knights and Merlin are airdropped into 1941 Germany to infiltrate the Nazi castle and prevent a demon from being summoned. The Nazis have modern weapons but the Knights have better psionics.

I'll post stats when I think of them. I just thought it was a great idea.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
JohnK

Re: Stellar adventures idea - King Arthur Vs the Nazis

Postby JohnK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:33 pm

It somewhat reminds me of the "Camelot 3000" comic book series. King arthur returns with his knights reincarnated to save England from an alien invasion organised by Morgana le fay. Great comic book series of the 80s!!!
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 pm

JohnK wrote:It somewhat reminds me of the "Camelot 3000" comic book series. King arthur returns with his knights reincarnated to save England from an alien invasion organised by Morgana le fay. Great comic book series of the 80s!!!

That sounds like an awesome premise!
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
JohnK

Postby JohnK » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:43 pm

Yes! It includes all the nice fantasy+science fiction stuff, (spoilers ahead) like a giant mutant Percival, a samurai Sir Gallahad, high-tech armed alien armies, along with really classic illustrations.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:55 pm

I like the sound of this one you could also use the premise to send Your AFF pcs into a future of your choosing such as F Paul Wilson's The Keep also featuring Nazis A castle and an evil god/presence and SS. A passable module with adaptation. think I mentioned it in an earlier post a while back. Or even vice versa with Stellar Adventures pcs ending up on Titan. (ARE Stellar Adventures pcs actually the basis for the Dieties of Titan.) 8)
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:16 am

These are great ideas!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:27 pm

another thought on stellar adventures AFF cross over in my own D&D 3.5 campaign I have the collegeum Tenebrae consisting of psions of all the disciplines and also their Milatery arm the Cadre Tenebrae consisting of psychic warriors and might bring psionics into Titan that way it just needs a little adaptation to AFF rules. My theory being it would originate in a classical based civilisation likely in the old world.
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Castle Wolfenstein with questing Knights, the Once and Future King and all that... I love it.
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:08 pm

A successful German invasion of Gt Britain but as prophesised King Arthur and his Knights Rise from their Slumber to help Britain in its hour of greatest need as part of the British resistance. Riding out from their place of rest in Richmond Yorkshire, Alderly Edge The Glastonbury Tor, Cornwall etc . :D
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Robb 1 wrote:A successful German invasion of Gt Britain but as prophesised King Arthur and his Knights Rise from their Slumber to help Britain in its hour of greatest need as part of the British resistance. Riding out from their place of rest in Richmond Yorkshire, Alderly Edge The Glastonbury Tor, Cornwall etc . :D

Yeah I like the idea of the war lasting longer too and developing in several different/weird ways.

Also maybe the return of Arthur requires effort/investigation from the PCs - defeating Nazi operatives that are trying to find his way back ( I mean they do have the Occult researchers as already established in this thread) could be the way in onto knowing about this.

'Foiling Operation Mordred is our priority chaps. We have no idea what it is but they're putting all their top operatives onto this so what ever it is, its important to them. If its important to them, then its important to us'

This could have a touch of Indiana Jones about it, an Occultist nemesis trying to close off ley lines forever dogging the players steps but also provisding leads on what on earth is happening appeals. Trying to find potty professors that have written papers on Ley lines, rescuing them from the enemy when they abduct them. Learning about the Library beneath Glastonbury Tor and using it to help learn about Avalon. Hints and hindrances in apparitions, omens, ghost knights/mythical beasts the Nazi's have awoken or perhaps summoned/cntrolled/tinkered with. Crossing over to Arthur's mythical timeline through I dunno a stone circle or Holy Well or Lake, finding the way to Avalon and how to wake the King...

Theres a touch of Call of Cthulhu and the like here too.

Thats all Act 1, then comes the actual turning of the tide with Arthur at your side...
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Dupont wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:A successful German invasion of Gt Britain but as prophesised King Arthur and his Knights Rise from their Slumber to help Britain in its hour of greatest need as part of the British resistance. Riding out from their place of rest in Richmond Yorkshire, Alderly Edge The Glastonbury Tor, Cornwall etc . :D

Yeah I like the idea of the war lasting longer too and developing in several different/weird ways.

Also maybe the return of Arthur requires effort/investigation from the PCs - defeating Nazi operatives that are trying to find his way back ( I mean they do have the Occult researchers as already established in this thread) could be the way in onto :knowing about this.

'Foiling Operation Mordred is our priority chaps. We have no idea what it is but they're putting all their top operatives onto this so what ever it is, its important to them. If its important to them, then its important to us'

This could have a touch of Indiana Jones about it, an Occultist nemesis trying to close off ley lines forever dogging the players steps but also provisding leads on what on earth is happening appeals. Trying to find potty professors that have written papers on Ley lines, rescuing them from the enemy when they abduct them. Learning about the Library beneath Glastonbury Tor and using it to help learn about Avalon. Hints and hindrances in apparitions, omens, ghost knights/mythical beasts the Nazi's have awoken or perhaps summoned/cntrolled/tinkered with. Crossing over to Arthur's mythical timeline through I dunno a stone circle or Holy Well or Lake, finding the way to Avalon and how to wake the King...

Theres a touch of Call of Cthulhu and the like here too.

Thats all Act 1, then comes the actual turning of the tide with Arthur at your side...

Time to dig out all my various books on myths and legends of Britain especially the Reader's Digest Myths and legends of Britain each county noted and also the location of its famous Legends with brief info on them 8) Ive a whole bookshelf of stuff :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 am

Robb 1 wrote: Time to dig out all my various books on myths and legends of Britain especially the Reader's Digest Myths and legends of Britain each county noted and also the location of its famous Legends with brief info on them 8) Ive a whole bookshelf of stuff :lol:

Ah now that sounds like a goldmine, im very slightly ( massively) jealous!
shintokamikaze
Knight

Postby shintokamikaze » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:30 am

You might get some ideas from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2W3Q2AEuGs
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Was thing of this thread and thought of an idea given Hitler's inters in the occult you could have a time travel scenario in which the Nazi travel back in time via magick or author and his knights get transported to the future.
In the Prince Valiant, which is set in the time of Author, news paper strip you had some time travel stuff. Flash Gordon shows up in one story that ran several year ago. (Although no direct reference is made to state that the character is Flash as he had amnesia.) In that story he got brought back by magick. So you could have something happen in which some Nazi troops go back in time via a magick in the past.

The strip also had Lovecraft reference in the past few years in regards to magick so you could have the Nazi's be using something like the Necronomicon or something to initiate time travel and do a Nazi, Lovecraft, & Author game.

One other thing in regard to Prince Valiant and Time Travel in one of the old Defender's of the Earth cartoon episodes, Flash Gordon, the Phantom, etc. go back in time and end up having to fight one Ming's creatures with they aid of Valiant , who is a knight of the round table, and his family.
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 am

Jay_NOLA wrote: So you could have something happen in which some Nazi troops go back in time via a magick in the past.

Perhaps they realized they are losing the war and they find a way to go back in time and conquer the world with technological weapons and tools a bit like Cortez conquered most of Americas with few soldiers, but gunpowder etc.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”