Out of the pit 3

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: Out of the pit 3

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:48 pm

Now we know the title!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

From: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/27 ... it?src=sub
* A new and expanded Demonic Hierarchy, featuring all the Demons and Undead from this book, Demons of Doom, Out of the Pit, Beyond the Pit, and the soon-to-be released Return to the Pit
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Andrew Wright

Post by Andrew Wright » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 am

Yep. Working on it right now. I've got 7 amazing artists (Huargo, Brett Schofield, Johan Tieldow, Mike Tenebrae, Rochie Rochfort, Mustafa Bekir and David Stafford) currently working on illustrations to accompany reprinted retro-art, and I'm tidying up the text and then it's editing and layout. We are aiming for a solid end of May publication date.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 am

Unless someone can point to an earlier guess of Return to the Pit I'm totally claiming this one! ;)
http://arion-games.com/bb/viewtopic.php ... t=15#p9515

Although some of my earlier ideas were more innovative...
http://arion-games.com/bb/viewtopic.php ... 2233#p9490

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:33 pm

Im still sticking with pit the younger :lol:

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:29 pm

How could they miss the opportunity to publish Pitty McPitface....?!?
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 am

Andrew Wright wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 am
We are aiming for a solid end of May publication date.
Since the end of May is past, is there any word about a new release date?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:26 am

LordArioch wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 am
Andrew Wright wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:39 am
We are aiming for a solid end of May publication date.
Since the end of May is past, is there any word about a new release date?
Stand by for announcement... (few more days)

Andrew Wright

Post by Andrew Wright » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:49 am

Nearly there...(I've finished the final print PDF)

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Will this be made POD-available on Drivethru at some point?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 pm

LordArioch wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:35 pm
It will, both as a hardcover and softcover

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:09 pm

bottg wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 pm
LordArioch wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:35 pm
It will, both as a hardcover and softcover
Outstanding. 8)
I guess the next logical move will be to eventually merge OotP, BtP and Pit-3 into an Monster Omnibus edition. :)

You could go Classical and call it De Monstris Omnibus Voraginis. :)
Last edited by LordArioch on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 pm

It's out, and it's amazing! Andrew Wright, you rock!

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:07 am

It is a wonderful book, the creature write ups go way past just describing them and are full of inspiration for plot hooks and the world of Titan. Well worth the wait and going straight to the top of my reading list.
LordArioch wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:09 pm
I guess the next logical move will be to eventually merge OotP, BtP and Pit-3 into an Monster Omnibus edition. :)
I would love to see this just so Out of the Pit could be brought into line with the newer Pit books by including the extra stats for AFF2 that you currently have to go to the rulebook for.

Which reminded me of something we didn't talk about when a revision of the AFF2 rulebook came up recently. In the Combat section of the rulebook on page 60 the damage table lists Bite/Claw as being Small, Large or Very large. But on page 123 where it lists AFF2 stats for Out of the Pit it uses Small, Medium, Large. This has to be a typo, and I'll suggest the mistake is in the damage table because Small/Medium/Large makes more sense than Small/Large/Very Large. BtP and RttP use Small/Large/Very Large, which is understandable as it would have been very confusing if they hadn't matched the rulebook damage table. But it would be good to have it all cleaned up one way or the other.

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:02 am

SkinnyOrc wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:07 am
It is a wonderful book, the creature write ups go way past just describing them and are full of inspiration for plot hooks and the world of Titan. Well worth the wait and going straight to the top of my reading list.
LordArioch wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:09 pm
I would love to see this just so Out of the Pit could be brought into line with the newer Pit books by including the extra stats for AFF2 that you currently have to go to the rulebook for.

Which reminded me of something we didn't talk about when a revision of the AFF2 rulebook came up recently. In the Combat section of the rulebook on page 60 the damage table lists Bite/Claw as being Small, Large or Very large. But on page 123 where it lists AFF2 stats for Out of the Pit it uses Small, Medium, Large. This has to be a typo, and I'll suggest the mistake is in the damage table because Small/Medium/Large makes more sense than Small/Large/Very Large. BtP and RttP use Small/Large/Very Large, which is understandable as it would have been very confusing if they hadn't matched the rulebook damage table. But it would be good to have it all cleaned up one way or the other.
Not to sidetrack the thread, but...

I noticed the size category SNAFU in the rulebook, but wasn't inconvenienced by it in the slightest, and I'm sure few others were either.

The true elegance of AFF 2e rules is their simplicity and wonderful flexibility. What I've done in my houserule document is to graft the size categories from the d20 D&D SRD for the purpose of monster damage and monster armour:

Fine (6" or less, 1/8th lb. or less), Diminutive (6"-1', 1/8th lb to 1 lb), Tiny (1'-2', 1 lb to 8 lbs), Small (2'-4', 8 lbs-60 lbs), Medium (4'-8', 60 lbs to 500 lbs), Large (8'-16', 500 lbs to 2 tons), Huge (16'-32', 2 tons to 16 tons), Gargantuan (32'-64', 16 tons to 125 tons), Colossal (64'+, 125 tons+). Now, all a AFF referee needs to do is convert to metric, and Bob's your uncle! :)

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:37 am

It is a little inconvenient to look in both Out of the Pitt and the rulebook to get the full AFF2 stats for those creatures. No doubt people cope but It'd be great to put that together in a new edition of OotP or a pit book omnibus.

The stats for OotP in the rulebook using Small/Medium/Large instead of Small/Large/Very Large like everywhere else is more of a problem because people forget. I've seen a few adventures and so on now where they've copied a damage of Large from the rulebook for a OotP creature without correcting it to Very Large. When a GM runs that they're probably just going to go with what it says and they're giving the creature weaker damage than they should.

That the "right" damage options are Small/Large/Very Large is.. lets say quirky. This I can live with.

Anyway, I wasn't meaning to distract from what a great achievement Return to the Pit is.