AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post Reply
User avatar
FarsightBlogger
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post by FarsightBlogger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:10 pm

has anyone got any AFF campaign stories to share?

I ran a game for my gaming club using AFF and the challenge was that they had to give me the story premise. They decided to make it difficult for me and said 'A body has been found stabbed, and the only suspect is a goldfish named Kevin'.

Challenge accepted!

The story was that there were two criminals, one a thief and one a wizard. They would lure victims to a remote spot, murder them and take their gold, and the wizard would turn an innocent passer-by into a goldfish and declare that he had captured the criminal, turned him into a goldfish and then collect a reward. Then they'd leg it before anyone knew what had happened with the victim's gold and the reward.

They were discovered when they reached Port Blacksand and tried it on out the back of the Black Lobster Tavern. This is where the PCs come in - they were asked to investigate the murder by the inn's owner who felt something fishy (sorry) was going on.

Long story short - they figured it out and the finale was a big fight and a river barge chase as the bad guys tried to escape the city.

AFF is great for this kind of short, seat of your pants game. You didn't have to worry about anything but the story, the game system just helped things along without getting in the way.

If anyone has any stories or adventure hooks to share then I'd love to hear them.

drbargle
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:47 pm
Location: Doncaster, more or less
Contact:

Re: AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post by drbargle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 pm

FarsightBlogger wrote:If anyone has any stories or adventure hooks to share then I'd love to hear them.
Possibly doesn't quite fit your request, but I thought that AFF Directors might be able to make some use of the AS&SH Adventure Generator:

http://www.hyperborea.tv/uploads/4/4/6/ ... dv-gen.pdf

I've used this - and the more extensive tables in the Tome of Adventure Design - to crack myself out of 'Director's Block' a few times.

User avatar
FarsightBlogger
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm
Location: Northampton, UK
Contact:

Re: AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post by FarsightBlogger » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:11 pm

drbargle wrote:
FarsightBlogger wrote:If anyone has any stories or adventure hooks to share then I'd love to hear them.
Possibly doesn't quite fit your request, but I thought that AFF Directors might be able to make some use of the AS&SH Adventure Generator:

http://www.hyperborea.tv/uploads/4/4/6/ ... dv-gen.pdf

I've used this - and the more extensive tables in the Tome of Adventure Design - to crack myself out of 'Director's Block' a few times.
No, that's brilliant and perfect for quick AFF adventure creation.

drbargle
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:47 pm
Location: Doncaster, more or less
Contact:

Re: AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post by drbargle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:08 pm

FarsightBlogger wrote:No, that's brilliant and perfect for quick AFF adventure creation.
Even gives you a pretty FF-like title, too!

HedgeWizard
Adventurer
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post by HedgeWizard » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 pm

I agree, great resource for quickly throwing something together!

TheoOfSilverton
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:07 pm
Location: Kingdom of Rheged

Re: AFF One-shot stories/ideas

Post by TheoOfSilverton » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:21 am

That adventure generator is great!
In a time of fear and confusion, silence charging the air
The sunlight is gone, darkness lives on, in the heart of the dragon's lair

Post Reply