Free Horror sci-fi setting

FarsightBlogger

Free Horror sci-fi setting

Post by FarsightBlogger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi all - I thought I'd share an abandoned campaign setting idea I had a while ago while I was playing a lot of Doom followed by a Mad Max and The Expanse session. Yeah, strange mix.

This gave me a few ideas on each of the settings, and I came up with The Shift, a post-apocalyptic starfaring horror action setting.

It's totally free, so do what you please with it. Maybe you could build on it to build a larger setting.

Dropbox link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5idpa17bea5gi ... t.doc?dl=0

Nuvole!
Hero

Re: Free Horror sci-fi setting

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:00 pm

It still needs a bit of work before being completed, but sounds very good! A kind of Stars without number, but with a lovecraftian twist... 8)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

FarsightBlogger

Re: Free Horror sci-fi setting

Post by FarsightBlogger » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Nuvole! wrote:It still needs a bit of work before being completed, but sounds very good! A kind of Stars without number, but with a lovecraftian twist... 8)
Yes, there's a bit that needs filling in as I never got to completely finish it. Also, the test game I ran was REALLY deadly for the players as it was a run-and-gun and I had to use the 'zero STAMINA = unconscious' rule and be really generous with healing tech to keep them going.