Atlantis Campaign

bottg
Site Admin

Atlantis Campaign

Post by bottg » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 pm

I have just posted Part 4 of the Atlantis Campaign:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/235991/At ... -Defensive

Part 5 is a wilderness chase adventure, but parts 6 and 7 will be set in Arion itself, so i am now making it a priority to get the Arion Gazeteer done before i release part 6.

Enjoy!

gloccus

Re: Atlantis Campaign

Post by gloccus » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 am

Does this mean that the gazetteer will be relating to the Arion of the Atlantis campaign, rather than the one in the Fighting Fantasy books? Because if so, I think I'll pass.

I have to say that I think it's a shame that you changed so much about the history, geography and politics from what was described in the gamebooks and Titan—the Fighting Fantasy World. Of course, it's nothing that a Director can't change back if they want to run a traditional AFF game, but the point of buying a pre-written campaign is that it means the Director doesn't have to flesh out the background.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am

The Arion in the campaign is the one from the gamebooks! I have created new material for it because there was only limited information anyway, but both the adventures and the Gazeteer are based upon what has already been published.

gloccus

Post by gloccus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:10 am

Perhaps I was misled by the fact that the first thing I read in your campaign was "Irritaria ... was ruled from the island of Atlantis by a dynasty of great kings" but in Titan—The Fighting Fantasy World, we are told that the reason Atlantis was sunk beneath the waves was that its last king, Faramos XXIII, was attempting to conquer the continent of Irritaria, so it was certainly never ruled by a dynasty of Atlantean kings. I assumed that if you had made such a massive change to the history of Titan in the first paragraph, then the other changes I noticed were also intended to create a different version of Arion.

However, I do see that any differences from Titan—The Fighting Fantasy World could be put down to the fact that it was published in-universe in 284AC, whereas your campaign is set much later, around 1500AC (two and a half millennia since the splitting of the lands).

I apologise for jumping to conclusions.