Blackmoor Living World campaign with AFF2 being published!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Blackmoor Living World campaign with AFF2 being published!

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:27 pm

On this website http://www.chimerae.it/ you can find Blackmoor Living World publications, with AFF2 as ruleset.
On the 1st October you can find the campaign guide http://www.chimerae.it/download/CHBLW0en.zip and the first adventure http://www.chimerae.it/download/CHBLWN1en.zip
The plan is to add a new adventure every month.
The campaign is open to any author willing to propose amateur adventures for Blackmoor Living World.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Ruffnut
Hero

Re: Blackmoor Living World campaign with AFF2 being published!

Post by Ruffnut » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:11 pm

Epic! Will have to take a look sometime!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Crickey, someone needs to tell their webmaster we are not in the early 1990's any more......!

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:15 am

This looks like an interesting project. I'm not that familiar with Blackmoor as a setting, we did do the DA module series back in the day but from what I remember just ran them in the world we were already using. I'm looking forward to reading how AFF's been tweaked to fit Blackmoor when I get a chance. More adventures are always welcome too and I see this first one has Stuart's name on it so should be a good read.
Bifford wrote:Crickey, someone needs to tell their webmaster we are not in the early 1990's any more......!
Well the presentation on the PDFs is nice anyway. I stumbled on this website a while back looking for the "Guide to Cynadicea" (a fan expansion to the old B4 module) but sadly the version there was very pretty but only in Italian.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:29 pm

This is now up to 7 adventures plus the setting guide! I know Chimerae produces mainly Italian language works, were these translated to English? If so the translations are well done too because it's not obvious. For anyone who hasn't checked these out in the Fan Adventures sub-forum they're worth the effort.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:11 pm

All Blackmoor Living World adventures are published in English and in Italian: http://www.chimerae.it/prodotti.CHBLW.html
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:42 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough there. I mean are they written in Italian and translated to English, or do you have native English speaking writers on board and do the Italian and English publications in parallel. I ask because translations from one language to another are usually pretty obvious due to the mistakes.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:38 pm

It depends. Some authors are English-speakers, so they get translated in Italian, some other authors are Italian speakers and they get translated in English. Some other author is neither English nor Italian speaker... so it's a double translation.