GMs companion

Robb 1
Knight

GMs companion

Post by Robb 1 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:12 am

was it my imagination or was there mention some time ago of a GMs book with new rules such as using Honour stat from sword of the Samurai and other stats used in the original game books such as Fear from House of Hell And was it horror from beneath nightmare castle and other one off stats for ther FF books and how they would work in a multiplayer adventure.

Thought it might be interesting what with the plethora of new Demons and Demonic planes where no sain mortal would go :lol:

drbargle

Re: GMs companion

Post by drbargle » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:06 pm

I don't know if you were dreaming or not, but think some kind of rules compilation/toolkit would be a great idea - something like (but much smaller than) the Fudge 20th Anniversary big book. So a series of articles - not linked, not meant to be used together, but for GMs to pick and choose (and improve). We could imagine articles on running AFF in different genres - which would contain a list of advice on getting the genre feel, renamed skills and talents (and stats?) etc. Articles on extra stats such as Honour and Fear, and the way in which they do (or should) change the game at the table. Articles on the uses (and recovery) of Luck - which given it is one of FF's distinctive features I don't think we talk about it enough. Articles on social contests, on making combat more interesting/tactical (though I'm all for quick 'boring' combat that gets to the consequences!).

And so on, and on.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm

There is actually an amateur page about Amour that is very nice...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

HedgeWizard
Adventurer

Post by HedgeWizard » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:44 pm

A GM compagnion would-be an excellent idea. We can use it as an opportunity to bring together all the best ideas which have been debated here. Not as required rules but as a set of ideas.

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:21 am

Nuvole! wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm
There is actually an amateur page about Amour that is very nice...
Well, as a rule, amour is very nice -- when you can find it. 8)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Actually I wrote Amonour... but it was automatically miscorrected.... :roll:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.