Other races reactions to humans.

darksoul
Knight

Other races reactions to humans.

Post by darksoul » Sun May 19, 2019 7:39 am

I had a sort of Epiphany the other day about how other races react to humans.
It seems that humans are not trusted by any other race on Titan. At least until they can prove themselves.
This is a surprise to me. Mainly because you play the "Hero" I think.

I can extrapolate this from quite a few sources.
1. "Titan" only mentions Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Minmites and a few other fey races as "Good". Humans are not listed in that group.
2. Humans are made by the God Loogan, the Trickster. Not a good God.
3. In one of the books when you encounter Elves. They capture you, and will get rid of you when you can't prove that you are no harm. If you prove you are no harm to them they will help you.

I guess I always thought that humans just get along with the other races but it doesn't seem to be the case.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Re: Other races reactions to humans.

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon May 20, 2019 3:54 am

Yeah I agree humans aren't trusted by the "races of good" on Titan, and when you look at the range of human behaviour you can see why. I think they understand that humans vary a lot and they treat them case by case.

If you define "good" as not wanting to harm others unless it would cause unreasonable harm to themselves, then only some humans are good. And if you define "evil" as having no reluctance to harm others if it benefits you, or even enjoying it and not needing a reason, then some humans are evil too. Most fall somewhere in between and prefer not to harm others but will if there's enough benefit to them.

But really rather than three black and white categories (like good/neutral/evil) it's a continuum, you can fall anywhere on it depending on how much benefit there needs to be to you before you're willing to cause harm.

drbargle

Post by drbargle » Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm

I certainly think that the other races of Good don't trust humans, and with good cause. Not only are they the creation of Logaan, compared to Dwarfs and Elves they are expansionist, greedy (yes I know Dwarfs are, but human are greedy for anything and everything), short-lived and reckless, etc.

HedgeWizard
Adventurer

Post by HedgeWizard » Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Just to add my two cents, think about it why should other races like humans. Titan is quite a black and white place morally speaking for most races. Humans are a sort of unpredictable exception and they live for such a short time that I guess for people like elves they don’t have the time to build up real trust on a one on one basis.

darksoul
Knight

Post by darksoul » Sat May 25, 2019 2:30 am

drbargle wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm
I certainly think that the other races of Good don't trust humans, and with good cause. Not only are they the creation of Logaan, compared to Dwarfs and Elves they are expansionist, greedy (yes I know Dwarfs are, but human are greedy for anything and everything), short-lived and reckless, etc.
I think that majority of the villains in the FF books have been human or were human as well. Zagor, Balthurs Dire, Zandar Bone, Suhkumvit, Malbordus.
Especially in Allansia anyways.