A Solo-Play version would really be great

Aldath

A Solo-Play version would really be great

Post by Aldath » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Hey there! I've seen discussions on how to make AFF more noticeable, and I think AFF would make an excelent solo-play system.

Solo play has been becoming increasingly popular, with Ironsworn and Four Against Darkness as examples of how good it can go. Drivethru RPG top sellers usually include a good ammount of Solo games, like Rangers of Shadow Deep.

AFF is, after all, inspired by the Fighting Fantasy gamebooks, and I think the game runs at its finest (at least the current edition) while adventuring as a lone hero without a party.

What do you think about this? I'm not saying AFF should become a solo-rpg, but it would really benefit from having a solo rules variant.

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Re: A Solo-Play version would really be great

Post by Slloyd14 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:51 am

Welcome to the forum!

It's in the works.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.

Aldath

Post by Aldath » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:00 pm

Well, ain't those extremely good news?! XD
Thanks for the info and the welcome!

HedgeWizard
Knight

Post by HedgeWizard » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:08 am

I’m looking forward to the solo version to but have been playing AFF solo already for years now. I’ve tried all the big names and made a fair few home brew systems.

Basically if you want to get your solo fix while waiting for the official solo version to come out then there are a number of options out there.