AFF ERRATA Thread

torus
Knight

Re: Re:

Postby torus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:06 pm

darksoul wrote:I find it strange that people are saying that OOTP has to be updated. AFF first edition didn't match with Titan because the characters made were too powerful. You could get 12 skill and than add 4 skill points. You would have 4 skill above standard Fighting Fantasy rules. With in the new system a character will have a skill anywhere between 4-7. Assuming the player chooses 7 and 2 points in a weapon, they now have 9 skill against a monster, which seems to be the average of most monsters and it allows the player to fight the monsters in Out of the Pit or even any game book, without any adjustment.

That's true, but I suppose ideally one would provide attack & armour rolls for each monster (recall the AFF2 rulebook had to include an extra table to add some of these details), and perhaps also some special combat rules. Some of the extra rules given in OoTP are a bit wonky.
Nuvole!
Hero

Re: Re:

Postby Nuvole! » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm

torus wrote:recall the AFF2 rulebook had to include an extra table to add some of these details

Yes, page 123 and following, if I remember properly... :wink:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
darksoul
Knight

Re: AFF ERRATA Thread

Postby darksoul » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Surprised no one has noticed this.

Page 132 has the title heading "Protagonist". The villain who the heroes will kill.
This should actually be titled "Antagonist". The protagonists of a story are the main characters or central figure. The antagonist is the character that is put in opposition to the protagonist.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 pm

There is curative salve listed in the magical sundries on page 108, yet it is not described in chapter 10. Could anyone give us a description of its properties?
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:38 pm

How much does a jewel of gold cost?

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Page 144. Potion of Insect Control has two '"the" before enemy.

Lorian
Knight

Re:

Postby Lorian » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:36 am

skathros wrote:
parkusuk wrote:Ah yes. p33 should actually read:

A Hero receives 2 MP for every point in the MAGIC characteristic and Magic-Wizardry special skills.

Thus add both of these together and double it. The Magic-Minor component was originally there, but was changed late on. The sample Heroes use the correct method.

So a Hero with only Magic-Minor just gets 2MP for every point in the MAGIC characteristic, regardless of the Magic-Minor special skill?
yep
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:37 am

Slloyd14 wrote:There is curative salve listed in the magical sundries on page 108, yet it is not described in chapter 10. Could anyone give us a description of its properties?

Look under healing section it doubles all healing for 30 mins.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
SkinnyOrc
Knight

Postby SkinnyOrc » Sat May 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Slloyd14 wrote:There is curative salve listed in the magical sundries on page 108, yet it is not described in chapter 10. Could anyone give us a description of its properties?
There seem to be a couple of different layouts for page 149, Magical Sundries. My battered old copy of the rulebook has Curative Salve as the first item, then the picture of the smoking potion and skull, with Potion of STAMINA below that. But... my PDF copy and the new Rulebook Deluxe starts that section with Potion of STAMINA, then the pic, then Potion of LUCK. No Curative Salve. For anyone who has the rulebook without it says:

Curative Salve
If applied to an injured Hero, this salve will increase the STAMINA regained from food or sleep by +1 for 24 hours.
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Wed May 24, 2017 4:03 am

This PDF was on the website for download at one time but waybackmacchine has it. It has some correction for AFF2e Core Book, Out of the Pit and Titan listed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150528091 ... Errata.pdf

I'm not sure if they had a more current version for download of it and of all the other stuff they had for download at one time, as most of the other files and pages for downloadable stuff waybackmachine didn't save.
Last edited by Jay_NOLA on Wed May 24, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Wed May 24, 2017 6:55 am

Jay_NOLA wrote:This PDF was on the website for download at one time but waybackmacchine has it. It has some correction for AFF2e Core Book, Out of the Pit and Titan listed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150528091 ... Errata.pdf

I'm not sure if they had a more current version for download some of stuff for download at one time, but most of the links don't work now.

Cool
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”