AFF ERRATA Thread

bottg
Site Admin

AFF ERRATA Thread

Postby bottg » Sat May 14, 2011 10:28 am

As with all books, and despite extensive proofreading, there are a few minor Errata in the AFF core book. This thread is to identify them for future printings:

Please add any you find here.

List so far:

Page 19: Tarrian, Page 39: Barbarian, Page 45: Knight
The Spear Special skill should actually be the Polearm special skill

Page 21: Elstarir
His Armour stat section should not have a Leather Cuirass in it.

p33 should actually read:
A Hero receives 2 MP for every point in the MAGIC characteristic and Magic-Wizardry special skills.

Page 45 - The Knight only has STAMINA 8, It was mentioned it should be STAMINA 16

Page 57 - Is a combat round 2 seconds long, as mentioned in the 2nd paragraph first column, or 10 seconds long, as mentioned in the 7th paragraph, first column? - 10 Seconds

Page 91, in the entry for Sindla:
'Her name is invoked in everyday speech, as in: "May Libra watch over you".' - should be Sindla

Page 106:
The prices for Boots, Cheap, Cloak, Leather and Gloves, Silk are missing.

Page 108:
The prices for musical instruments are missing.

Page 123
The weapon types for Monsters are referred to as Small, Medium and Large - but on the Weapon Tables they are listed as Small, Large and Very Large. Medium is Large on the Weapon Table and that Large refers to Very Large.

Page 155, 2nd column:
It states that a blank sheet is provided for creating your own races. Unfortunately no such sheet is provided in that section or the appendices.

Page 155
The finished Goblin and Rhinoman examples of new race creation are both lacking their appropriate Language entries.

Page 169, Archetype:
Unfinished sentence reads: "Here used to demonstrate a ??????????".
Last edited by bottg on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Sat May 14, 2011 10:35 am

The photocopiable character sheet in the book still has "Sword" and "Light Monster" armour stats in it.

Page 19: Tarrian, Page 39: Barbarian, Page 45: Knight
The Spear Special skill should actually be the Polearm special skill

Page 21: Elstarir
His Armour stat section should not have a Leather Cuirass in it.

Page 155, 2nd column:
It states that a blank sheet is provided for creating your own races. Unfortunately no such sheet is provided in that section or the appendices.

Page 169, Archetype:
Unfinished sentence reads: "Here used to demonstrate a ??????????".
Kheldar

Postby Kheldar » Sat May 14, 2011 11:54 am

Page 45 - The Knight only has STAMINA 8, It was mentioned it should be STAMINA 16, I work it out at STAMINA 14.

Page 57 - Is a combat round 2 seconds long, as mentioned in the 2nd paragraph first column, or 10 seconds long, as mentioned in the 7th paragraph, first column?
Radioactive Ape Colin

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Sat May 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Page 155
The finished Goblin and Rhinoman examples of new race creation are both lacking their appropriate Language entries.

cheers!
Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs: Award-nominated publisher of Atomic Highway and other great RPGs!
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Sat May 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Radioactive Ape Colin wrote:Page 155

cheers!
Colin

Thanks for the other errata as well. You obviously have an eye for it!
Radioactive Ape Colin

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Sat May 14, 2011 10:38 pm

parkusuk wrote:Thanks for the other errata as well. You obviously have an eye for it!

No worries, mate; a publishing degree and freelancing on over forty rpg publications - as well as running my own small press - has to have some benefits. ;)

cheers!
Colin
Radioactive Ape Designs: Award-nominated publisher of Atomic Highway and other great RPGs!
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Sat May 14, 2011 11:05 pm

Radioactive Ape Colin wrote:
parkusuk wrote:Thanks for the other errata as well. You obviously have an eye for it!

No worries, mate; a publishing degree and freelancing on over forty rpg publications - as well as running my own small press - has to have some benefits. ;)

cheers!
Colin

Impressive! I think i read my PhD thesis 10+ times, then it was read by the examiners, and there are still errors. I think it is almost impossible to spot errors in your own writing, and even in somone else's, your brain corrects errors automatically.
Radioactive Ape Colin

Postby Radioactive Ape Colin » Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Yep, I avoid proofing my own work more than once, then trusting it to others.

Now more (potential) errata:

Page 25
It mentions that the Dwarf and Elf gain a free Talent, but neither of the racial entries notes what said Talent is. It isn't until page 30 that it is noted that both receive Dark Seeing for free.

Page 37, Archer
The RACE: "Elf" entry appears to be handwritten rather than typed. Some kind of formatting error?

Page 40, Warrior-Wizard
Not sure if this is errata or not, but is this template's starting GP supposed to be 0? Did it start at 5 GP but all the money was spent on the Small Shield?

Page 44, Conjurer
TALENT: "Familiar" has the handwritten/formatting issue as noted above.

Page 154
Different costs are listed for Minor Talents and Major Talents. I may have missed such a distinction, but I didn't notice Talents being broken down into two such groups anywhere.

cheers!
Colin
Logon

Postby Logon » Fri May 20, 2011 2:18 pm

i don't understand how magic points are supposed to be computed.

(MAGIC+Wizardry+Minor) x2

or

(MAGIC+the best of Wizardry or Minor) x2

or

(MAGIC x 2) + Wizardry+Minor

???

No sample character seems to follow the same way.
GM: Earthdawn, Hero, Logon, AFF
http://cryptmaster.free.fr/Logon
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Ah yes. p33 should actually read:

A Hero receives 2 MP for every point in the MAGIC characteristic and Magic-Wizardry special skills.

Thus add both of these together and double it. The Magic-Minor component was originally there, but was changed late on. The sample Heroes use the correct method.
Logon

Postby Logon » Sat May 21, 2011 1:24 am

Ok.

parkusuk wrote:The sample Heroes use the correct method.

at the exception of Vithrain (p20) who has MAGIC 10 and 18 MP instead of 20.
I think there is another trouble with this character: he has no Wizardry skill but knows 5 spells (with a total of 10 spell ranks)

BrianI

Postby BrianI » Sat May 21, 2011 7:12 am

Using Luck in Combat - p59

Looking for clarification (and errata) on paragraph 2 and 3.

Rules state (emphasis mine): "A Hero who has lost a round of combat may immediately test for LUCK and if successful the attacker will "roll" a 1 on their damage roll ..."

Does attacker in this reference refer to the (presumably NPC) who bested the Hero in the round? That's how I ran it the other night.

Paragraph 3 states: "Secondly LUCK can also be used to increase the damage caused by a successful attack. This option may not be chosen if LUCK was used to win the combat round."

However, there's no option that I see which allows a Hero to win a round of combat using LUCK - unless I read the preceding paragraph 2 as attacker = Hero.

A correction to either para 2 or 3 would seem to be in order.
Logon

Postby Logon » Sun May 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Alternative Unopposed Checks:
I think there is a mistake.
In order to get the same probability as the "roll under or equal" method the target number of the "roll over or equal" should be 14, not 15.

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Postby Slloyd14 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:00 pm

I've found a few:

Page 91, in the entry for Sindla:

'Her name is invoked in everyday speech, as in: "May Libra watch over you".' - should be Sindla

Page 103, in the entry for the Moonstone Hills:

'These rogh and broken hills...' - should be rough.

Page 106:

The prices for Boots, Cheap, Cloak, Leather and Gloves, Silk are missing.

Page 108:

The prices for musical instruments are missing.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
skathros

Postby skathros » Mon May 23, 2011 2:58 pm

parkusuk wrote:Ah yes. p33 should actually read:

Thus add both of these together and double it. The Magic-Minor component was originally there, but was changed late on. The sample Heroes use the correct method.

So a Hero with only Magic-Minor just gets 2MP for every point in the MAGIC characteristic, regardless of the Magic-Minor special skill?

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”