So now that I have the three core AFF2 books...

ReaperWolf

So now that I have the three core AFF2 books...

Post by ReaperWolf » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:56 pm

... what's next?

>>ReaperWolf

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Publication wise? Crown of Kings Campaign should be out in a couple of weeks or so. Lots more planned this year.

Gamewise? Anything you want. I am quite amazed at what people have been doing with AFF. Many of course are standard fantasy adventuring, but i have heard of all sorts of other things. There is also a free adventure in this issue of Fighting Fantazine to get you started

RossN

Post by RossN » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Campaignwise you can have fun just picking out an unexplored part of Titan and making it your own - right now I'm working on the mountain ranges of the Skull Coast in Allansia for a future campaign. Invent a few new magic items and monsters to make the place different - and no system I've ever played is better for quickly designing hobrew stuff - and you are golden.

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 am

Really looking forwards to the Crown of Kings. But RossN is right, the best thing is probably to pick a region of Titan that appeals to you and start developing it. The nice thing about Titan as a setting is that there are lots of aspects to choose from but relatively little that is fixed. Plus you can be free about altering the 'canon' because its not going to break anything. It's designed to be flexible.

In my version I treat some of the contents of the Titan book - particularly the history - as stories that are commonly told or believed but not necessarily true.

AeonThePhoenix

Post by AeonThePhoenix » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:16 pm

As the others before me have said, look forward to nabbing the Crown of Kings book. They were epic enough to solo through the first time; I can't wait to see what changes they've made to them for "multi-player". The one part I'm hoping my players fall for are the Mutant Meatballs from Book 4. You know someone's going to be dumb enough to take a bite :wink:

Game wise, yeah, the world is your mollusk-surrounded pearl.
- Set up a campaign and find your some players
- Join an existing campaign someone else has set up
- Use the AFF plots and adventures to spawn some fan-fiction
- Re-run through the old game-books under AFF 2nd Ed. conditions
- Create new home-brew materials to share with the AFF fan-base