A question about Crown of Kings

pelham123

A question about Crown of Kings

Post by pelham123 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi parkusuk,

a question about Crown of Kings, who illustrated the maps for your new book and what can we expect? Are they computer generated like the Myriador conversions or do they have that hand drawn look that you'd expect from the original Fighting Fantasy books?

I'll be honest, I haven't role played for many years, but every once in a while I find my myself pondering over the geography of Kharé and it's winding and very confusing streets... The fact that you've reprinted a lot of the original illustrations by Blanche has me eager to purchase this supplement, purely for nostalgia sake.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue May 22, 2012 9:53 pm

I saw your question gain on Lloyd of Gamebooks blog and realised i hadn't replied to this. Sorry about that, things have been a little...hectic, as indeed they usually are!

Anyway, the maps are a mixture of hand-drawn, computer generated and computer enhanced. I have posted one of the village of Birritanti, and a very small one of Khare (in case any players see this!) It obviously looks much better spread over two pages

pelham123

Post by pelham123 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks parkusuk and congratulations on the new book. I really like the map of Khare, far more realistic than those in the d20 conversions. I plan to pick this up soon. Thanks again

ReaperWolf

Post by ReaperWolf » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 am

While we're discussing the maps in CoK I have a question:

on page 84, room 49, where does the secret door lead?

Throughout the book, there are numerous indoor maps. What's the scale on the interiors? Doe they match the one on page 84?

For the exterior settlement maps, what's the scale?

Thanks very much for producing CoK. I was already hip deep in tabletop rpgs by the time AFF had come and gone so I missed it the first time. It's nice to experience it and AFF2 for the first time.

Regards,

>>ReaperWolf