AFF Companion - Status

Brimgeth

Post by Brimgeth » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 am

Wow, I'm so out of touch I didn't know further books were coming! Looking forward to seeing how these turn out.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Robb 1
Knight

Re: AFF Companion - Status

Post by Robb 1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Is there any news on the release date for the AFF2 companion from Cubicle 7 yet? Having read some of the posts from the lucky ones who managed to get advanced copies at Dragon meet 2012, it sounds like a worthy adittion to the system and I am looking foreward to its release. :)

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 am

I am literally going mental from waiting. It was meant to be released nearly a week ago and there's nothing. I feel like a spoilt child not getting their way, just ngphm. D:

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 pm

MountainPeak11 wrote:I am literally going mental from waiting. It was meant to be released nearly a week ago and there's nothing. I feel like a spoilt child not getting their way, just ngphm. D:
Imagine how frustrated i am!

Apparently Cubicle 7 should have their copies in about a week, and should start shipping out almost immediately, including to me, so i will have copies available too.

The distributors should then get them to the retailers fairly swiftly...

If i can get a precise date, i will let you know

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 pm

parkusuk wrote:
MountainPeak11 wrote:I am literally going mental from waiting. It was meant to be released nearly a week ago and there's nothing. I feel like a spoilt child not getting their way, just ngphm. D:

Apparently Cubicle 7 should have their copies in about a week, and should start shipping out almost immediately, including to me, so i will have copies available too.

Yeah I bet you are too. I just don't want to pre-order because I'm a bit sceptical ever since those links to the cubicle 7 shop were broken. And I'm a bit annoyed that Cubicle 7 seems to be implying a don't-really-give-a-shit attitude to AFF and they'd rather focus on The One Ring (great RPG) and Doctor Who (not-so-great) RPG...

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re:

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 pm

drbargle wrote:Back on topic:

Graeme, will you be releasing a range of 'tokens' for the AFF2e mass battle rules? If they're anything like the rules in Allansia, this would be a great way of visualising the battle without going down the miniatures and scenery route
I'd like to quote this previous post to say that I'd like Arion to consider making AFF-themed paper miniatures for mass battles!

It would be a way to create an interesting synergy between two of your most important products: think about it!!! :D
Last edited by Nuvole! on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm

MountainPeak11 wrote:
parkusuk wrote:

Yeah I bet you are too. I just don't want to pre-order because I'm a bit sceptical ever since those links to the cubicle 7 shop were broken. And I'm a bit annoyed that Cubicle 7 seems to be implying a don't-really-give-a-shit attitude to AFF and they'd rather focus on The One Ring (great RPG) and Doctor Who (not-so-great) RPG...
See the announcement post on the AFF forum to get your books within a week or so direct from me... (i will even sign them if that sort of thing appeals)

bottg
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by bottg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Hullalla wrote:
drbargle wrote:Back on topic:

Graeme, will you be releasing a range of 'tokens' for the AFF2e mass battle rules? If they're anything like the rules in Allansia, this would be a great way of visualising the battle without going down the miniatures and scenery route
I'd like to quite this previous post to say that I'd like Arion to consider making AFF-themed paper miniatures for mass battles!

It would be a way to create an interesting synergy between two of your most important products: think about it!!! :D
Hopefully in the next few days i should be able to make an exciting announcement re future products......

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 pm

:D
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

skathros

Post by skathros » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 am

MountainPeak11 wrote: they'd rather focus on The One Ring (great RPG) and Doctor Who (not-so-great) RPG...
Both are neat games...that sit in my closet. Now AFF gets PLAYED! You hear that C7? The One Ring? Dr Who? In closet. AFF? At the game table!

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:46 am

skathros wrote:
MountainPeak11 wrote: they'd rather focus on The One Ring (great RPG) and Doctor Who (not-so-great) RPG...
Both are neat games...that sit in my closet. Now AFF gets PLAYED! You hear that C7? The One Ring? Dr Who? In closet. AFF? At the game table!
Btw I meant no offence... I'm sure Doctor Who is a great system but I don't like Dr Who. :P And yeah I've got The One Ring and it looks great, but I've never played it.

skathros

Post by skathros » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 am

No offense taken at all. All I meant was that Dr Who and the One Ring might be neat games, but they dont get played and therefor get stuck in the closet (where RPGs in the skathros house go when they arnt going to be used). Now AFF? Now THAT does get used. Every two weeks. So c'mon C7, gimme my AFF Companion.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:51 pm

I have ordered a run of the books, which should reach me on monday or so, and i will post them then.

I will add the book to the web store today, and post here when i have done so. Those who have already stated they want one are guaranteed one.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks so much man! You're a legend! :D

skathros

Post by skathros » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Thought you'ed like to know that Heroes Companion has hit Montreal (Quebec, Canada). Picked mine up yesterday. So far...awesome!!! All the new additions (i've only read half the book so far) are great. They add interesting options for AFF without adding complexity (which is what I was afraid of). It keeps AFF fast playing and simple, while broadening the system. Great job!!! BTW...the cover and interior art are some of the best to be found in any of the RPG offering to line the shelves of today's FLGS.

When's the next AFF book coming out so I can give you my money?