AFF Companion - Status

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
d6&d6
Adventurer

Re: AFF Companion - Status

Post by d6&d6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 am

skathros wrote:Thought you'ed like to know that Heroes Companion has hit Montreal (Quebec, Canada). Picked mine up yesterday. So far...awesome!!! All the new additions (i've only read half the book so far) are great. They add interesting options for AFF without adding complexity (which is what I was afraid of). It keeps AFF fast playing and simple, while broadening the system. Great job!!! BTW...the cover and interior art are some of the best to be found in any of the RPG offering to line the shelves of today's FLGS.

When's the next AFF book coming out so I can give you my money?
Je savais que tu habitais pas loin de chez nous (+ ou -) 1 heure ;)

I agree. I have mine since two months and it's a very nice addition. Yes it's written on the cover "Companion" :D

I use it and most of it will have a use eventually! Cant wait to do a mass battle!

Francois
Tentez votre chance...

skathros

Post by skathros » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 pm

d6&d6 wrote:
skathros wrote: Je savais que tu habitais pas loin de chez nous (+ ou -) 1 heure ;)
Rive-Sud? Rive-Nord? Je vis à Montréal. J'achète mes jeux chez Le Valet d'Coeur. J'aime vraiment ce magasin parce qu'ils ne vendent pas seulement que les jeux «populaires» (D & D ou Pathfinder), mais aussi des jeux de compagnie plus petites et moins connue comme Arion.

Comme tu peut le voir, le français n'est pas ma langue maternelle (l'italien l'est, ensuite l'anglais, et après l'espagnol). Donc désolé pour les fautes d'orthographe :oops:

Quebec is a very interesting province for RPGs, especially in the 80ies. Due to our close proximity with our american neighbours, we would get all of the american RPG fare (D&D, Tunnels & Trolls), and because of the french character we were treated to the french translation of a bunch of european RPGs like the Dark Eye/Das Schwarze Auge which was translated into french as L'Oeuil Noir, as well as british fare such as FF/AFF or Dragon Warriors. You see, living in a multi-cultural city in a french provence in an english country rocks!

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:09 pm

skathros wrote:Rive-Sud? Rive-Nord? Je vis à Montréal. J'achète mes jeux chez Le Valet d'Coeur. J'aime vraiment ce magasin parce qu'ils ne vendent pas seulement que les jeux «populaires» (D & D ou Pathfinder), mais aussi des jeux de compagnie plus petites et moins connue comme Arion.
Je vis dans la région de St-Hyacinthe, rive sud de Montréal. Le valet d'Coeur! Un incontournable!!!!! Content de voir que je ne suis pas seul à aimer AFF au Québec!

J'ai aussi mis la main sur la version française "Défis Fantastiques".

Comme toi, j'ai hâte de voir "Beyond the pit" et "Blacksand"

Enjoy

François
Tentez votre chance...

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:23 pm

I've been there quite a few years ago (and in Summer), but I really loved Montreal!
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

skathros

Post by skathros » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Hullalla , come in winter and watch that love turn to hate real fast :P

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:43 pm

skathros wrote: Comme tu peut le voir, le français n'est pas ma langue maternelle (l'italien l'est, ensuite l'anglais, et après l'espagnol). Donc désolé pour les fautes d'orthographe :oops:
Let me point you to the best Italian site dedicated to gamebooks and RPGs derived from the: http://www.librogame.net I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Bronn

Post by Bronn » Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 am

Can't see the book on Cubicle 7 or Arion's site. Is it still available?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon May 13, 2013 8:07 am

Bronn wrote:Can't see the book on Cubicle 7 or Arion's site. Is it still available?
The Heroes Companion is at the bottom of this page:

http://www.arion-games.com/store.html

Blacksand is not on there yet until my order arrives from the printers, but i can do a preorder if required. I will also have copies of both at UK Games Expo in less than 2 weeks.

Bronn

Post by Bronn » Mon May 13, 2013 8:11 am

Excellent. I'll order the Companion straight away. Let me know how to arrange a preorder for Blacksand and I'll do that, too.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue May 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Test copies have arrived. A couple of minor cover issues, easy to fix for the paperback, slightly longer to fix for the hardcover. I will finish my final proofread tonight, and order the paperbacks tomorrow. The kickstarter ones should be posted out next week, and the hardcovers slightly later than that.

Pics in a moment

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue May 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Some pictures:

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

The pics look awesome but I'm going to wait until the hardbacks are released before picking up mine! So excited! :D

UrielBlue

Post by UrielBlue » Thu May 16, 2013 2:02 am

Any news on a US release date?
I'm trying to expand upon my adventure for Gencon (Island of Doom!!!), and I was really looking forward to including new options.
Honestly, the group of folks that I had gotten excited about AFF (OK, about 6 people, but still...) are now kind of lackluster. Not being able to get a PDF (Yes, not all of us are thieves, and I happily pay for downloads for my iPad, so as to not have to carry 20 game books to a convention), and not having a book for them to buy is killing interest. This sucks, as many of us (Regular game base of 20 or so) love dropping our usual rules-heavy Pathfinder game for something lite and fun. Most choose DCC (It's fun), but I'd love to be able to convert some to AFF.

I try to support my local game store, or else I would have just bought a copy 2+ months back ( I really should have). Now, I have pestered them so much about getting release info/dates, that it would be a pretty crappy move on my part to buy direct.

So, is there ANY information on when the HC book will be available in the States? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ron