Linking FF gamebooks for campaign play

Pożeracz zwłok

Re: Linking FF gamebooks for campaign play

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Ave!
Maybe you should ask them directly too.
You're right, I think. At first I am going to buy The Riddling Reaver, than I'm sending email to DT.
We (our team) start with The Riddling Reaver our adventures in Allansia (not only there). RR looks good and I'm confident that it'll be the good choice.

regards
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"

Brimgeth

Re: Linking FF gamebooks for campaign play

Post by Brimgeth » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 am

Pożeracz zwłok wrote:
Warlock of Firetop Mountain
How to play this adventure? It's paragraph, section game. Have you any modus of handling with such a books? There are plenty of FF adventures, but all (except The Riddling Reaver) are divided in sections... :cry:
Just saw this post, so apologies for casting a Raise Thread from the Dead spell.

At the book's heart, it's very much a simple dungeon crawl per those halcyon days of D&D and the like; if you can get a copy, play through it and map your progress. Once you have your map, you can transpose it to graph paper, add a scale to it, and complete it with monsters, traps and treasure. If your players are familiar with Warlock of Firetop Mountain, make changes and twists as you see fit to throw your players a little.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."