Deathtrap Dungeon conversion

Wyrin

Deathtrap Dungeon conversion

Post by Wyrin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 pm

I've been working on a AFF2e conversion of Deathtrap Dungeon for a while on and off, and finally managed to finish it off this morning. It's a barebones set of notes for GMing the dungeon, rather than a full write up - not just for copyright issues, but also as most will have a copy of the gamebook to refer to anyway!

I've stayed fairly faithful to the source, with a couple of suggested changes to up the danger level, and bring it in line with the new ruleset. I'd be keen to hear any feedback or comments!

Download AFF2e Deathtrap Dungeon

Morningkiller

Post by Morningkiller » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 am

This is good work. Looks sharp too.

Some of the traps look fairly deadly in terms of the damage they do. That seems to be what you were aiming for though so no complaints here.

Which book are you doing next? :D

Wyrin

Post by Wyrin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks!
Yeah, I wanted to up the deadliness - particularly with the falling damage as I explain at the start, and to take into account wt's written for parties rather than a solo adventurer. The dungeon has to earn its reputation!

I might look at Trial of Champions next, but need a breather first!

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Love the conversion theres obviously a lot of work and re reading of the original gamebook, gone into it I salute you, and look forward to running it I've a couple of unsuspecting volunteers I might spring it on, being of twisted mindset I might even use there can be only one winner at the end to see what happens. What combat stats did you give the Ninja as I dont think I could see them where they should have been? It might just be me who's going blind :?

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:50 pm

I am running an AFF game at Indiecon this weekend, and may well use this...

sylas

Post by sylas » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:28 pm

a brilliant effort on one of my favourite books. very solid work with minimal errors. only thing i found strange was the layout on Page 2. the Conversion Notes go from one side of the page to the other for no reason. everything else follows the columns layout for the most part. but good work nonetheless.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:59 pm

WOW!!!
Great!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re:

Post by Nuvole! » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm

parkusuk wrote:I am running an AFF game at Indiecon this weekend, and may well use this...
I think I'll soon use this as well, but probably as a solo game... why don't you upload it on the fan material section? it's really awesome!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Zigg

Re: Deathtrap Dungeon conversion

Post by Zigg » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:45 am

it´s an awesome work. I will use it soon (the easy way is with a cooperative party, but i will try with the Only One Winner option)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: Re:

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Hullalla wrote: I think I'll soon use this as well, but probably as a solo game... why don't you upload it on the fan material section? it's really awesome!
Doing.... :wink:
http://www.rpol.net/display.cgi?gi=4&ti ... 1363552881