New Gods

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: New Gods

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Any more proposals?
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

RossN

Post by RossN » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:07 am

It's been a while but I'll see what I can do. :)

Has anyone used the gods I've come up with so far? I'd love to hear feedback!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:15 am

I played a game (mostly in Port Blacksand) where I was pleased to find out that Mirala was part of the pantheon!
It was a nice surprise and she worked perfectly well!
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

RossN

Post by RossN » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:35 am

Hullalla wrote:I played a game (mostly in Port Blacksand) where I was pleased to find out that Mirala was part of the pantheon!
It was a nice surprise and she worked perfectly well!
That's great! :)

Njem
God of Messengers

Specific Power: Priests of Njem are automatically fluent in the languages of all intelligent humanoids (those with an Intelligence of Average or High.)

General Powers:
- Heal
- Ward
- Commune

Njem (also called Tanrik in Khul and Azana in Southern Allansia) is a minor god related in some mysterious manner to Fulkra and Solinthar. He is the divine messanger of the gods and in some tales the one who taught the first men and women language itself. He is beloved by heralds, diplomats and many bards, but also by spies an association that has led to his priesthood being persecuted at times in different places and times; notably his worship is currently illegal in Port Blacksand.

Njem himself is sometimes depicted as a winged man (or occaasionally woman) in motion, sometimes as a pigeon in flight. In stories Njem is generally in the role of messenger, and on those occasions where he appears 'off duty' he is portrayed as hard working and dutiful but restless and distant, always about to be called away on another task. His small priesthood has no special garb but all wear a medallion depicting the sacred pigeon in flight.