Adventures not related to previous Fighting Fantasy gambooks

Nuvole!
Hero

Adventures not related to previous Fighting Fantasy gambooks

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Hello, it is not clear to me if this is an editorial choice, but it looks like (to me) that all official publications with AFF adventures are, fundamentally, conversions from previous gamebooks (or re-prints).
Do we have "original" AFF material, unrelated with previous gamebooks? are there plans for that?
I found only the single fan produced adventure in Arion site...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Well in some ways yes they are reprints but there are lots of modifications being that it's now 2nd edition. There is one Deathtrap Dungeon conversion to AFF2E but I got it from a friend and I'm not sure where he obtained it.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:12 pm

In some ways it is a convenience and familiarity issue.

The early releases are conversions or reprints, because they are easier to do and people want new versions.

Once the main existing material has been re-released, we will do brand new campaigns etc

Nuvole!
Hero

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Very personally, I think that the familiarity issue is a double-edged sword: it helps attracting some player that has fond memories of the gamebooks (like me...), but then if you propose only gamebooks conversions it may turn out to be something "already done"...
Best strategy could be proposing a mix, possibly through the fan generated adventures in the download page of Arion Games?
I understood that proper publishing of new adventures has cost implications for Arion that are difficult and time consuming to overcome...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.