HEROES COMPANION BOOKS

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: HEROES COMPANION BOOKS

Post by Nuvole! » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 pm

parkusuk wrote:Another option would be a big core hardback with AFF core, Titan and OotP.
I remember I wrote it somewhere in this forum: as far as I can see, you soon will feel the need to make the AFF "Rules Cyclopaedia", putting together all rulesets + bestiary (OotP 1 and 2) + setting books organically together (including Heroes Companion).

If I can give you a suggestion, I'd keep adventures, campaigns and gazzetteers separated, so if you have the rulebook, then you can buy the adventure or campaign that you want to play. I always found strange bundling together rulesets with adventures or campaigns, unless they are introductory...
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Hullalla wrote:
parkusuk wrote:Another option would be a big core hardback with AFF core, Titan and OotP.
I remember I wrote it somewhere in this forum: as far as I can see, you soon will feel the need to make the AFF "Rules Cyclopaedia", putting together all rulesets + bestiary (OotP 1 and 2) + setting books organically together (including Heroes Companion).

If I can give you a suggestion, I'd keep adventures, campaigns and gazzetteers separated, so if you have the rulebook, then you can buy the adventure or campaign that you want to play. I always found strange bundling together rulesets with adventures or campaigns, unless they are introductory...
Totally agree. Furthermore I don't mind if the Heroes' Companion, Blacksand and the Salamonis books are "left out". If this hardback idea does happen I'd rather it not be 800 pages long, and the titles I mentioned are extra books anyway so not necessarily everyone will want them.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:55 pm

I'd buy a hardback copy of the 3 core books too would be very impressed if it also contained a translation of the French AFF campaign :D

skathros

Post by skathros » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:26 pm

I might be in the minority here, but I like my books separate. Hardcover? Yes! But separate. Why? Because I like not having to lug around a monstrous tome of gargantuan girth when all I need is the rules. Also, most of my player will get the core rules, but don't really have a desire for monster or setting info.

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Thu May 02, 2013 7:50 am

I would love a combined bestiary: OotP + BtP.

For the rules, to be honest I'd rather have a smaller version than a big HB. Something like the digest sized rulebook Mongoose released for Traveller and Legend. If you could do that and if it was cheaper, it might also help alleviate the no-pdf problem.

UrielBlue

Post by UrielBlue » Thu May 02, 2013 11:53 am

Any news on when we in the US will actually see this book?

:D

SurrenderMonkey

Post by SurrenderMonkey » Sat May 04, 2013 7:24 pm

torus wrote:For the rules, to be honest I'd rather have a smaller version than a big HB. Something like the digest sized rulebook Mongoose released for Traveller and Legend. If you could do that and if it was cheaper, it might also help alleviate the no-pdf problem.
What we really need is both. Then my AFF could stand next to my Savage Worlds on two shelves! :)

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri May 17, 2013 12:45 pm

UrielBlue wrote:Any news on when we in the US will actually see this book?

:D
I have just spoken to C7, and apparently it should be in full US distribution. It appears that some distributors sell out, and only restock at the end of a month etc. So you might need to hassle your FLGS, but they should be able to get it.

Pożeracz zwłok

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am

AVE!!!!!!!!!!
omething like the digest sized rulebook Mongoose released for Traveller and Legend.
I prefer smaller versions, too. LEGEND looks great apart from triviality and lack of good pics. AFF is a bit too large. On my shelf "reaches" the roof :), or rather "could" reach the roof, because I read it strictly all the time.
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"