I have just been watching our own Mountainpeak11 here:
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qg1bpPd ... 3Q&index=5[/url]

Very much recommended!
MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Re: AFF on YouTube

Postby MountainPeak11 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 pm

parkusuk wrote:Well, AFF and general gaming....

I have just been watching our own Mountainpeak11 here:
[url]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qg1bpPd ... 3Q&index=5[/url]

Very much recommended!

TEEHEEHEHEHEEEE!

I wondered if (when) you'd notice that! Yeah there's loads of people in the RPG community who talk about DnD and Pathfinder (ESPECIALLY PATHFINDER...) but I was like, sod that, AFF is where I'm at. So I'm currently trying to woo other people to the system... hehe... ;) I haven't done any vids for a few days but watch this space! I have many planned (although currently waiting on my Heroes' Campaign - thank you again!!!)!
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:36 pm

I will keep a close eye on that!

It is strange sometimes because people who buy what i write probably know more about me than i ever do about any of them. But watching the posts on youtube reverses that somewhat.

I used to live in York, and would move back up there if circumstances were right. Also, seeing your music videos, did you know that i was best friends with Daniel Davey (AKA Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth) when we were younger? This was an early collaboration of ours:

http://www.arion-games.com/UnleashtheBeast.pdf
Brimgeth

Postby Brimgeth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 am

Kudoes to you Mountainpeak11 :D
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."
d6&d6
Adventurer

Postby d6&d6 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:14 am

Hi everybody!

I began a new channel on the Tube and I will soon make a review of AFF. More than that, I want to make a multi-episode walkthrough just to show how good that game is. I will also do it in french for it's french version (Défis fantastiques)

For now, I can can show you my second video where I present my top 5 rpg's. Yes AFF is in it so there is a small review. That's a start :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XsEmYSpNag

You can comment and or subscribe. AFF in on my top list of subjects for this channel and I consider to join my voice to mountainpeak11 to make the game known. In a Pathfinder/D&D 4th ruled world, it deserves it.
Tentez votre chance...
Pożeracz zwłok

Postby Pożeracz zwłok » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:38 am

Cool presentation, I even grasped all you spoke! :)
I do totally agree with Basic Roleplaying and Fudge, but with little diffrence - both BRP and FUDGE I know from theirs pretty children - LEGEND (Mongoose Publishing) and FATE CORE. They are similar and - most important - improved.
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"
d6&d6
Adventurer

Postby d6&d6 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Pożeracz zwłok wrote:Cool presentation, I even grasped all you spoke! :)
I do totally agree with Basic Roleplaying and Fudge, but with little diffrence - both BRP and FUDGE I know from theirs pretty children - LEGEND (Mongoose Publishing) and FATE CORE. They are similar and - most important - improved.

Thanks, it's appreciated.

Without going in much details here about those two systems, all I can say is that you're right but I find LEGEND to be a little more complicated and less instinctive than BRP but way more realistic. FATE products for their part are kind of finalized versions of what FUDGE offers. FUDGE is just a tool to make your own rule system.

Linking it to AFF, when I was searching for the best game system to run my fantasy, I considered using BRP but let it down because I was'nt sure about the magic system fitting what I had in mind and didn't want to get too much in a hombrewing mode. I used LEGEND last year, enjoyed it but the crunch was a bit too much for the time I have to spend on the hobby. FUDGE needs work and I didn't have the time for that either. I got very near from FATE with Legends of Anglerre... this style appealed to me. I got back from this one because I just wasn't sure, but I dont know why...

Finally I was in a dilemma between AFF and Lone Wolf rpg. I'm a huge fan of the Lone Wolf series and adventuring into Somerlund lighted me up. But I ended up with AFF for simple reasons. The first reason was that I already had the books, so I could begin a campaign faster. The second is that in AFF, the heroes can be the real deal legendary icons because in the original gamebooks, the nameless and classless character is "You". There is no main character who did save the world or did all the stuff before you, like Lone Wolf did. In AFF, in Titan, the characters are on a freeway to write chapters of the history of this great setting.

The third are most relevant reason is that AFF is so great. Since 1986, it was only the third time that I read a game system with so much delight. This reason only eclipsed all the other options I had in front of me. Right now, I play in alternance with a Patfinder campaign. PF is great indeed but will never be as flowing easy as AFF.

My youtube will have many rpg's in highlight but AFF will have a lot of attention.
Tentez votre chance...
Pożeracz zwłok

Postby Pożeracz zwłok » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Linking it to AFF, when I was searching for the best game system to run my fantasy

:) I did it for a long long long time. I "kissed" following books: GURPS, FATE, D&D, Warhammer, Barbarians of Lemuria, Savage Worlds, Novus, Cortex, Shadow, Sword & Spell, polish ones- Kryształy Czasu, Wiedźmin, some homebrews :), German - Das Schwarze Auge (The Black Eye), Wayfarers, Earthdawn, d6 fantasy, The One Ring. Uffffff. Plenty of them, but ultimately won FATE. Now we're playing Conan on this engine.

The second one will be AFF - I force it very strong :)
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"
d6&d6
Adventurer

Postby d6&d6 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Pożeracz zwłok wrote:
Linking it to AFF, when I was searching for the best game system to run my fantasy

:) I did it for a long long long time. I "kissed" following books: GURPS, FATE, D&D, Warhammer, Barbarians of Lemuria, Savage Worlds, Novus, Cortex, Shadow, Sword & Spell, polish ones- Kryształy Czasu, Wiedźmin, some homebrews :), German - Das Schwarze Auge (The Black Eye), Wayfarers, Earthdawn, d6 fantasy, The One Ring. Uffffff. Plenty of them, but ultimately won FATE. Now we're playing Conan on this engine.

The second one will be AFF - I force it very strong :)

9 of the games you mention was on my list! Black eye was one of them! :D
Tentez votre chance...
Pożeracz zwłok

Postby Pożeracz zwłok » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Black eye was one of them!

:D I tried to learn it in native language... It was l'horrible experience ;)
I forgot about: Dragon Warriors (nice one!), Dragon Age, QUERP and Arcanis :)
d6&d6
Adventurer

Postby d6&d6 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:11 am

Hi folks

I'm proud to announce my review of AFF on You tube. This is the first of a serie because I'll have reviews for the other books as well as a walkthrough of the game just to make it more known to the gaming community!

Here it is. It's a two part video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YOS5lBZvLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rqpnWccvKo

Hope it will be up to your expectations. Let me just say that I'm quite in favor of this game ;) Comment or subscribe and thanks for watching!

Francois
Tentez votre chance...
spaceLem

Postby spaceLem » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:15 am

MountainPeak11 wrote:Yeah there's loads of people in the RPG community who talk about DnD and Pathfinder (ESPECIALLY PATHFINDER...) but I was like, sod that, AFF is where I'm at.

Are you referring to the YouTube RPG brigade? Yes, they do seem to dwell on D&D almost to the exclusion of all other games (I've seen references to a few WoD games, and stuff like Shadowrun, but not much else).

If I ever get over my fear of talking to a camera (and I hate the sound of my own voice when played back to me), I promise I'll spend a lot of time talking about the games I actually do play (including our AFF 2e campaign, which has been going on for something like 5 years, I can't even remember when we started!)
I love tea!
d6&d6
Adventurer

Postby d6&d6 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:31 pm

spaceLem wrote:If I ever get over my fear of talking to a camera (and I hate the sound of my own voice when played back to me), I promise I'll spend a lot of time talking about the games I actually do play (including our AFF 2e campaign, which has been going on for something like 5 years, I can't even remember when we started!)

I'd like to see that! Don't worry about the sound or the such. The important thing here is the content and if we can hear you correctly to enjoy it!

For the fear factor, I have advices. I've been a stage person since a very long time and I can tell you this :

1) You can't please everyone when you expose like that! There will always be people who wont like it and that's normal. Just say to you that some will like it and it's for them you'll do it. More important, the first persone to please here it's you!

2) Be yourself. The persons who will like your content will be more likely to be there for the good reasons.

3) Well, you'll probably have me as a viewer ;) that's a start

It if's done, chime and I will watch that!

François
Tentez votre chance...
MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Postby MountainPeak11 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:14 pm

spaceLem wrote:
MountainPeak11 wrote:Yeah there's loads of people in the RPG community who talk about DnD and Pathfinder (ESPECIALLY PATHFINDER...) but I was like, sod that, AFF is where I'm at.

Are you referring to the YouTube RPG brigade? Yes, they do seem to dwell on D&D almost to the exclusion of all other games (I've seen references to a few WoD games, and stuff like Shadowrun, but not much else).

If I ever get over my fear of talking to a camera (and I hate the sound of my own voice when played back to me), I promise I'll spend a lot of time talking about the games I actually do play (including our AFF 2e campaign, which has been going on for something like 5 years, I can't even remember when we started!)

Yeah... ;)
Btw just in case you guys didn't know, my new channel for my RPG vids is TheRogueDM. I haven't put any AFF vids on yet but I will soon. :)
Pożeracz zwłok

Postby Pożeracz zwłok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Ave!

For Seth's sake! Quite emotionall review! And again I've caught it all.

Best question for me: "You don't have to bother with Target Numbers" :D It's real traouble to do it stat (out of hand?).

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”