Myriador d20 modules

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
d6&d6
Adventurer

Myriador d20 modules

Post by d6&d6 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi

I'd like to know if there's someone who did a conversion of the Myriador d20 FF modules. I know I can do it by reading through the original FF books but if someone did a comprhensive list of the encounters it would be appreciated.

François
Tentez votre chance...

Robb 1
Knight

Re: Myriador d20 modules

Post by Robb 1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm

I have all the Myriador modules but haven't had time to convert them yet. Some of the books they are based on already been converted by other forum members eg deathtrap dungeon (there's a link on the forums to it),and of course Graham has completed the sorcery books to multi player( Myriador/ Jamie never had the final part published. Some of the maps are good especially the one of Khare others I feel could be tweaked a little more Forest of doom for example. Hope this helps :lol:

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Can they be a good starting point for a AFF conversion, in your opinion?
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Yes I think they would make a good start for an AFF adventure handy if you don't have the time to write one. I think it might be possible to run them fairly quickly, you could always have the original book to hand or Out of The pit and run the adventure from scratch.

In the caverns of the snow Witch there is even a section where you could insert your own expansion to the dungeon using the random dungeon generator from the AFF rule book if you needed too.

I bought the modules originally for conversion to AFF, plus it's also interesting to see if the map you made yourself whilst playing the original Game Book is similar :lol:

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 am

I'd love to have time to convert some adventures to AFF, especially as I've heard that the Myriador d20 conversions could have been better. I think it would be great to do Moonrunner (one of my faves) or Legend of Zagor. Perhaps in a next life... or if I make myself time which is what normally happens. ;)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:33 pm

I wouldn't recommend waiting for next life... :mrgreen:
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 am

Well like I said, I'm currently making an AFF adventure for Fighting Fantazine, although of course it isn't based off any of the books. But at least you'll have something to entertain you while I work on an AFF conversion. ;)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Thank you! :D

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm currently half way through the Snow Witch, but I have no Myriador module...
can they be found anywhere?

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi Hullalla you can buy the Mirador D20 modules from Drive Tru RPG that's where I bought mine from as a bundle which works out cheaper than buying them individually hope this helps :D

skathros

Post by skathros » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:32 pm

MountainPeak11 wrote: although of course it isn't based off any of the books.
I actually would prefer to see more stuff not "based off any of the books" truth be told. FF has a great history of stories told via the gamebooks, but I'd love to see more "new" stuff...you know, "just for AFF" stuff. I like that AFF looks to the past, but it's the (new) future that gets me excited!

In other words, looking forward to your new stuff, MountainPeak!

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 am

skathros wrote:
MountainPeak11 wrote: although of course it isn't based off any of the books.
I actually would prefer to see more stuff not "based off any of the books" truth be told. FF has a great history of stories told via the gamebooks, but I'd love to see more "new" stuff...you know, "just for AFF" stuff. I like that AFF looks to the past, but it's the (new) future that gets me excited!

I agree. While for one of my campaigns I'm doing it very much in-canon I do like it when one is given the opportunity to go off the beaten track.
And as an update, I'm also making another adventure which I'm going to DM via roll20.com in a few weeks. I'm going to be videoing it and upload it to youtube. If enough people are interested I'll probably write up the adventure so it can be used as a module for future games. :)

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:24 am

skathros wrote:I actually would prefer to see more stuff not "based off any of the books" truth be told. FF has a great history of stories told via the gamebooks, but I'd love to see more "new" stuff...you know, "just for AFF" stuff. I like that AFF looks to the past, but it's the (new) future that gets me excited!

I do agree but right now, I'm doing Forest of Doom (with the help of d20 module) with my players and even if it's a very old classic from the past, we do have fun. That's the first rule of any game isn't it! I'm pretty sure that more new stuff is coming for AFF!
Tentez votre chance...

skathros

Post by skathros » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:57 pm

Oh, I completely agree with you d6&d6 ... the old "classics" are great! And I'm not averse to seeing old stuff updated to current AFF2, but I do think you need to be carefule not to fall into a "rehash only" rut. I love me some new modules/adventures along with my tried and true classics, least the system/setting stagnates and ceases to evolve.

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:16 pm

skathros wrote:I do think you need to be carefule not to fall into a "rehash only" rut. I love me some new modules/adventures along with my tried and true classics, least the system/setting stagnates and ceases to evolve.
Right, I agree. Allansia has to go forward. I'm wondering what is the extent Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone is giving to AFF to do that?
Tentez votre chance...