Tell Me About the Setting of Titan & Allansia

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: Tell Me About the Setting of Titan & Allansia

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Robb 1 wrote:I'm having a go at converting Irillian An old white Dwarf article/ adventure for AD&D from the 1980s based in a small city, and tweaking it to a more Titan flavour, to try with a group at some point in the future. :D
Put a little effort on it and wrap up something that can be posted on this site as well, please :wink:
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

MountainPeak11
Adventurer

Post by MountainPeak11 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Hullalla wrote:
Kheldar wrote: I'm going to use AFF2 to run stuff like ad&d's The Temple of Elemental Evil
Do you think this is possible?
Absolutely :wink:
OMG that's a great idea! (Totes stealing this idea.)

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Kheldar wrote:Any idea when I can expect my books parkusuk?
I posted this this morning first class, so there is a good chance it will be tomorrow or wednesday. Royal Mail allowing of course.....

d6&d6
Adventurer

Post by d6&d6 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 pm

MountainPeak11 wrote:
Hullalla wrote:
Kheldar wrote: I'm going to use AFF2 to run stuff like ad&d's The Temple of Elemental Evil
Do you think this is possible?
Absolutely :wink:
OMG that's a great idea! (Totes stealing this idea.)
In my level thing thread, I was suggesting this adventure too! Temple of elemental evil is made for AFF!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=512
Tentez votre chance...

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

parkusuk wrote:
I posted this this morning first class, so there is a good chance it will be tomorrow or wednesday. Royal Mail allowing of course.....
Thank you! :D

Al Livingstone

Post by Al Livingstone » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Kheldar wrote:The Sorcery Campaign? I can see the Crown of Kings campaign on the website, but that's it
Same thing, pretty much. The Sorcery! series of FF gamebooks has been adapted into the Crown of Kings RPG campaign. The campaign is named after the fourth and final Sorcery! gamebook.

The campaign's pretty good (my group start playing the final part tomorrow night) although it's possibly too faithful an adaptation of the gamebooks. Conversely there are also a few bits from the gamebooks that didn't get included in the adaptation for some reason (e.g. the Serpent Ring).
It's worth having a read of this thread for some useful perspective and things to take into account. I found it helpful when I was preparing to run the campaign as some seeds really need sown before the heroes set off on their quest.

I posted a summary of actual play from when my group went through the first part of the campaign - I make no claim to it being great (or even adequate) prose but it's here if you're interested.
While running the campaign I have: restored some gamebook elements that were dropped from the adaptation(this became more apparent in the second part of the campaign); fixed a few things that struck me as logical inconsistencies left over from the gamebook (e.g. Flanker is going to the same place as the PCs so it makes sense for him to accompany them); and put my own spin on other stuff (e.g. explicitly linking Flanker's men with the 'cave demon').

The campaign lets me bend and reshape it easily and without breaking. I like this.

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks for sharing this Al

No doubt it will come in handy

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:42 am

parkusuk wrote:
Arrived this morning - that's fast!

Thank you

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 am

Kheldar wrote: The Sorcery Campaign? I can see the Crown of Kings campaign on the website, but that's it
BTW, there is also the Riddling Reiver... :wink:
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Kheldar

Post by Kheldar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:18 am

Hullalla wrote:
Kheldar wrote: The Sorcery Campaign? I can see the Crown of Kings campaign on the website, but that's it
We are in good hands

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Also there's the original wishing well scenario ( same map as in the AFF2 core rule book) but slightly different encounters and Shaggards hives of peril a longer dungeon crawl from the original FF introductory RPG plus death trap on legs from warlock magazine and another mini adventure also in Warlock magazine involving a stone circle (sorry can't remember what it's called will try to find it in my warlock collection. One final FF adventure was written in white dwarf called beyond the shadow of a dream. :)

skathros

Post by skathros » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Hullalla wrote:
I'm tinkering with the idea of running this bad boy next.